October 04, 2008, 07:25:17 PM

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Torsa 16 Dimensions
October 04, 2008, 09:00:38 PM
Cameron, tough question on a popping website. Only John Ashley thinks that a Torsa can be used as a popping reel!

Give me a few days and I'll measure one I have at home when I get back to Sydney next week. Let me know if you want one!  ;)
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Cameron Burke

October 04, 2008, 10:14:00 PM
Cheers - I'd appreciate it.  I realise the site is called GT Popping, but I did post question under the "Jigging Tackle and Techniques" forum.
Regards,
Cameron

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 06, 2008, 01:33:00 AM
Hi Cam ,

Long time I do not hear from you , still at Charter's Tower ?  ???

Itr's a nice reel you are after and if you buy all the drag cams , it's going to cost you plenty but then the reel will become all purpose ( LRS , Chunk , White Marlin , #12 Mono filament , #6 Light Line , Kingfish , #20 and #50 Bottom fishing versions ) .  :P

Sorry can't help you with the dimensions you are after but the left side plate is smaller than the right side plate , this I know because a PNG based friend use Torsa 20 for jigging using PE6 line .  :-*

Jon .  8)
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 06, 2008, 06:50:04 PM
I have got a mate that uses a Torsa 30 for jigging and loves thing. Reckons the reel has got such tight tolerances it feels like it could handle anything. Now is getting a Torsa 30 for "Light" jigging.
Horses for courses I guess.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 06, 2008, 07:20:13 PM
I find Torsa 30 a bit too wide for jigging and if I were to be in the market , wud choose Torsa 20 anytime although I wud sacrifice a bit on line capacity for mixed use .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 07, 2008, 09:06:41 PM
left side plate about 7.5cm and from outside of side plate to uptside of sideplate, about 7.5cm as well
Spool is about 3.5cm wide

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 08, 2008, 12:34:13 PM
I find Torsa 30 a bit too wide for jigging and if I were to be in the market , wud choose Torsa 20 anytime although I wud sacrifice a bit on line capacity for mixed use .

Jon .

I have a '20' and love it, it is very well made, gets nearly 500 m of PE5 on it. It's not light but not too heavy, a very versatile reel.

Andy
Set the ray to GeeT