Eriko Susanto

I would like to know what technique & popper selection for strong current , in those place gt hide around small exposed rocks and gts hot spot only 2-3 meters wide, but the current is really strong, i have tried with 125gr chugger and 150 gr pencils, when i cast on the spot I have only 2-3 second to play the lures, next are out of spot. shall i use bigger poppers and what type shall i use, stickbaits are immposibble to use will be out of hot spots in 1-2 second and unable to sink ( drifted by current ).
some fish were tailing lures on hot spot, and back to their hiding place when lures out of spot

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Eriko, trust your instinct - you have it right, the lure that can spend the most time in the strike zone while making the most impact...big chuggers are your answer ( i think ).  If the current is strong then you have limited time to make an impression - stickbaits are not the answer, they make an impression on splash down and then with their flash, this takes longer than a few seconds.  Big chuggers on the other hand make an impression on landing, on the first pop and everyone there after, use them if you only have a short time in the strike zone.