steve sims

Carpenter Power Fight Rod Belt
April 25, 2009, 12:23:05 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Carpenter Power Fight Rod Belt whether it be on a popping or a jigging scenario??

Pat Victorino

Re: Carpenter Power Fight Rod Belt
April 25, 2009, 05:28:37 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Carpenter Power Fight Rod Belt whether it be on a popping or a jigging scenario??

Hi Steve,

It's more of a popping belt but you could use it for underarm jigging as it doesn't come with a gimble pin.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
April 25, 2009, 08:09:16 AM
Pat - have you used one of these? What has put me off is that in their advertising material, they state that the belt will dent the EVA near the butt of the rod.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 25, 2009, 06:40:04 PM
Brandon,

Still a very comfortable belt though,

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 25, 2009, 06:47:07 PM
rock - have you found that it damages the EVA?

Brandon,

Still a very comfortable belt though,

Pat Victorino

April 25, 2009, 07:15:02 PM
Pat - have you used one of these? What has put me off is that in their advertising material, they state that the belt will dent the EVA near the butt of the rod.

Hi Brandon,

I just got it from Richard and making some adjustments to it at the moment.I'll let you know if it's worth the money as soon as i caught a few fish on it

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 26, 2009, 07:49:11 AM
Brandon,
I have had np problems with it so far

steve sims

May 31, 2009, 08:48:46 PM
Brandon,
I have purchased this belt and used it in N.C, It does damage the EVA but with some minor adjustments this problem can be rectified. In terms of a belt it is super comfortable and provides plenty of back support.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 01, 2009, 08:25:53 AM
thanks Steve - what exactly have you rectified? It looks a really good belt but to me, the cup itself is too angled and too long.

steve sims

June 01, 2009, 01:20:55 PM
Brandon,
The EVA gets dented because of the opening in the cup is too narrow, I haven't fixed it yet but if the opening was to be cut just a fraction wider it would solve the problem. The denting seems to only occur when popping and not when you are fighting a fish but it seems as though it could have been a easy thing to  solve from a manufacturers point of view, maybe there is something behind Carpenters way of thinking. It really is a great belt though and I wouldn't swap it for any other.
Steve.