Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Twinpower 10000FC
October 31, 2008, 12:56:36 PM
Hi all
I've just added a new Twinpower 10000FC to my collection for lighter work and am thinking of adding a few mods to it.

1. Carbontex drag washers - The drag on the stock reel is smoothe... but I'm only getting about 9kg max drag out of it. Has anyone tried the carbontex washers with much success?

2. An alloy handle knob - The stock handle knob doesn't do much for the reels appearance, but seems to be adequate... does anyone know where I can get a decent knob to bling the reel up a bit?

Cheers Rob
<*///><

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Twinpower 10000FC
November 01, 2008, 12:00:31 AM
Unfortunately I wouldnt recommend upgrading the drag washers. Even if its only 9kg. The reel has limitations. Thats why its only 9kg max drag. What line class are you running on it?

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 01, 2008, 01:21:32 AM
Hi hon-su
I've got the reel spooled with 30lb tuf line xp.
The drag is probably adequate for what i want to use it for, however, I have a spheros 8000(similar in size) that I can push to 12kg of drag, and the Twinpower in my opinion is by far the superior reel out of the 2... I guess that's why I'm a little surprised with the Twinpower's lack of drag.
<*///><

NathanMcNiece

July 07, 2009, 05:12:10 PM
I recently bought a twinpower 10000fc and have noticed the exact same thing it has a major lack of drag even the stradic 8000 is boasting more drag. I will now put carbon tecs on it and I want to find an alloy knob like you said but cannot seem to find a place that sells or fits them. the stradic 8000 handle and knob fits the twinpower and is better than the original knob in my opinion for popping. also when popping with it i Find the TP's handle comes loose???

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 07, 2009, 06:46:27 PM
Seriously, I wouldn't worry about the drag capacity... 9kg is more than adequate for PE3.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 07, 2009, 06:47:05 PM

that sums it up pretty well!!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about the drag capacity... 9kg is more than adequate for PE3.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 07, 2009, 07:50:37 PM
I hope this reel is not going on your UHL  :D :D :D that is till in my posession :P :P

Mate you are doing some spending, when are we going on a trip mate?

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 07, 2009, 09:40:01 PM
I hope this reel is not going on your UHL  :D :D :D that is till in my posession :P :P

Nah... I got rid of the Twinpower and bought a 8K Stella.
I cant afford a trip anymore Brock... been doing too much spending   ;D
<*///><

NathanMcNiece

July 07, 2009, 09:48:42 PM
i want to put carbontecs on as I have been running pe5 and pe6 with this reel and it has handled it well but as soon as i tangled with a gt over 30kg it just didnt have the drag to holdd the fish, i will be getting a stella sw 18k but i want to have this medium setup running smooth aswell

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 08, 2009, 12:41:36 AM

Hi Brock ,

You are not selling the custom UHL , are you ?  ???

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 08, 2009, 07:40:35 AM

Hi Brock ,

You are not selling the custom UHL , are you ?  ???

Jon .

No Jon... it's a different UHL that Brock brought over for me. I think hell would freeze over before he parted with his custom UHL  :D
<*///><