Tom Kalic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Princess Charlotte Bay Nth Qld
August 14, 2010, 11:10:10 AM
Hi guys,

heading up to Princess Charlotte Bay next week for 2 weeks. Taking a 4.5 metre centre console up. I cant find any information about the fishing up there. Anyone been around that area and have any tips or locations I should look at? Taking a couple of PE8 popping and jigging outfits up there hoping to get some GT's.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Princess Charlotte Bay Nth Qld
August 16, 2010, 04:12:24 PM
Hi Tom, I cant offer any direct info however a few mates went up that way for a couple of weeks in '08. They didnt do too good on the fishing front but they sure drank a lot ::) One tip they said was if you set crab pots make sure you sit on them or check them regularly.
As for GT's the reefs are fairly close but I imagine your range is not huge in a 4.5, Make Google earth your friend and print pictures of the area, look for current hot spots and I'm sure you will come across a few.
Good luck!

Tom Kalic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 18, 2010, 12:57:03 PM
Hi Warwick,

thanks for the tips. I will be heading out to the reef with good weather. Hopefully I can find some GT's.
Taking  a Haines Hunter 445F which handle pretty good for their size.

Ian Ramsey

August 18, 2010, 01:39:00 PM
Hi Tom , If you call into Cooktown , I can give you more info , I am at the local butcher shop ,  also the lads at the tackle shop will be able to give you heaps of info ,Do not forget PCB is a very large area , It will depend where you go , to how far the reef is ,

Ian

Tom Kalic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 18, 2010, 08:07:10 PM
Hi Ian,

might have to take you up on that offer. I'm staying on a property at Silver Plains near  Port Stewart. Looking at the map its about 18-20 km to the reef. Leaving this Saturday morning towing the boat up from Melbourne. Cant wait to get out of this Melbourne Winter.