Graham Blackmore

• Fusilier
  • fisherman first diver second
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
spooling up properly
September 15, 2011, 02:05:06 AM
Any tips or tricks on how to do this without a machine?  (PE8 on 18K stella in case that matters)

Graham

Jeen Raj

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: spooling up properly
September 15, 2011, 02:57:25 AM
If you don't mind hard work. Then troll a popper behind a boat at 5 knots and reel it in .

cheers,

Jeen

John Sykes

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 21, 2011, 11:40:04 PM
I have a cheap game reel that I wind the line onto and then I can dial in the required pressure with ease, not the cheapest way to do it but it does work very well, I have an OCD thing about full spools so I  change alot of line and do alot of backfilling on my lighter gear it has made my life much simpler the next step is to mount a cordless drill on the gear shaft where the handle goes to speed up the process!

Earl Hamilton

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 22, 2011, 12:10:42 AM
I do the same as John for braid. Using a lever drag reel, the tension can be set as you want, and it will not change one little bit for the entire operation. No heat buid up, no burnt fingers and no damaged line. This is not to be done with monofil wich should not be wound on under tension
Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:23:33 AM by earl hamilton

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 22, 2011, 12:11:13 AM
Place line between a thick old telephone directory, add some weight on top if you want more tension and just crank. Clean your line as well.
Allanchl