Stu Hardy

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tupai Island, French Polynesia
April 18, 2012, 06:48:22 AM
I caught my first GT last week thanks to the guys at GT Popping and Fish Head. I was in Bora Bora with the family and organised with Moana Charters to go to 10nm to Tupai for a couple of hours of GT fishing. Really good reef to fish onto, as uninhabited island. In my couple of hours casting caught 2 bluefin trevs and a 15kg or so GT. I was thrilled. No good photos unfortunately as we had child related camera technical difficulties.

Thanks again to all the advice from this site and Duncan at Fish Head, would not have happened without it.

Boat was a 17ft Boston Whaler.

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tupai Island, French Polynesia
April 18, 2012, 08:58:11 AM
I caught my first GT last week thanks to the guys at GT Popping and Fish Head. I was in Bora Bora with the family and organised with Moana Charters to go to 10nm to Tupai for a couple of hours of GT fishing. Really good reef to fish onto, as uninhabited island. In my couple of hours casting caught 2 bluefin trevs and a 15kg or so GT. I was thrilled. No good photos unfortunately as we had child related camera technical difficulties.

Thanks again to all the advice from this site and Duncan at Fish Head, would not have happened without it.

Boat was a 17ft Boston Whaler.

Well done Stu!  ;)