Wes Blanch

Hi Guy's

I've got 2 early 18k sw's and had the same problem with both! I was told it was black chrome plating on the roller and it was pron to cracking in the early model's, both rollers replaced by shimano no problem, have'nt had any problem's since. :)

cheers

Wes

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi guys,
Do you know if there is the same problem with Twin Power SW?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
No problem with Twinpower SW or SWA which has a stainless roller with no coating. The roller on a Twinpower SW/SWA looks like the one on an old Stella.

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Great info Mark, I wonder how many fish you just put on the boat with this info?

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Just a quick update after Mark pointed me in this direction ... I requested two new rollers from Shimano UK Felindre servicing by email on Sunday night ... extremely surprised to get three brand new rollers through the post this morning - extremely good service and we don't even have Stella SW's sold natively in the UK! (I have one JDM and one US reel!)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
All of mine have been fixed.
Pity the cost for me was something like ten spools of Varivas GT  :'(
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Alan Syme

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
i had this exact same problem with my shimano saragosa 18000, got the roller replaced by shimano.

i did not realise that it was a common problem though, good to know so i can keep an eye on my stella also.

wes_jones

had mine and a mates 10 000 do it changed without a problem