Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Patriot Design Tanzania DVD
October 01, 2009, 10:32:12 AM
Watched this last night, I really like watching some of these DVD's because I feel for someone still very new to this game they can be quite educational on different techniques etc

I must say I was secretly very pleased to see that even some of the great GT anglers get tired and start huffing and puffing, and I did notice at times that Matsutani's casting seemed a bit less sharp and punchy after a couple of hours of popping...makes us mere mortals feel better about our limitations!

Vinh Nguyen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Patriot Design Tanzania DVD
October 01, 2009, 11:29:25 AM
Yes, best bang for your buck DVD. PD put out a very good dvd at a very affordable price. I enjoyed watching Matsutani comical gestures and comments along with his fish battling techniques. Hands down, Matsutani has the best hook setting technique in GT fishing, hahahha. My favorite was his 3rd or 4th fish. Hooked up, great initial run, then Matsutani started gaining line (thinking it was over), then about midway through the fight the GT takes 2 explosive runs bringing Matsutani to his knees, WOW. This dvd gets you amped up to fish.

Get this dvd at Fishhead. Support Patriot Design and support Fishhead.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 01, 2009, 02:01:37 PM
Yeah I got it from Fishhead...that third GT was a great fight, what an initial run and still going halfway through the battle

The hook setting is gold, I think when I am in Fiji and New Cal in Jan there will have to be a prize for the best hook setting technique  ;D

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 01, 2009, 06:55:53 PM
haha yeah entertaining footage for sure,   8)
I also like when he hooks up and the fish goes on an explosive run and he says, "Big GT, Big GT," only to find out later that it's much smaller than he expected  ;D

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
October 01, 2009, 08:48:43 PM
Awesome dvd, cheers Duncan.

Great action and best music on a fishing dvd ever, I'd be happy to sit in a night club and drink cocktails watching this one.

Go! Samurai Warrior!
Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:09:37 PM by Darren Cook