Aaron Concord

Re: New Pliers
November 28, 2009, 11:39:25 PM
Duncan used a pair up at Cooktown for 2 weeks and had no probs....

Brandon,

Which screw indeed!!

Aaron.

Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
December 14, 2009, 01:54:55 PM
I have a pair of the lack magic pliers, no problems so far, fingers crossed

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 15, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
The design of these pliers is really good - something of a cross between the tips of a Duo with the cutting ability of a Fisherman. My only gripe is that the jaws are 'soft'. Apparently they are being improved, so I will wait for an update before I get one.

From my understanding, the APS, Black Magic, and a few more you might find in Singapore for much less all come from the same OEM factory. So if you shop around....
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Gus Connor

December 15, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
Yeah

As has been mentioned I picked up an unbranded pair of the OR's in Bali for about $35 bucks for a trip to komodo and did really like them.  I did get a chance to use Andy's Duel ones and they in my opinion are certainly a superior set of pliers in both construction and ease of use.  I think I would go for them if I can get a pair once these aluminium jobbies wear out.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 15, 2009, 07:59:15 PM
Hi Gus ,

In my opinion , Duel plier is still the top choise , I have 2 pairs and one is still NIB , just incase I lost the one I am using now . That plier you picked up from Bali was not a bad deal for the money though .

Jeng was asking for you while I was in BKK , by the way OT here , give me details of your A/C number for me to remit the money I owed you , please .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
December 15, 2009, 08:39:40 PM
Hey guys,

We have sourced these pliers for our local market here, and they seem to be really top quality and equally comparable, if not identical, to the OR's which we have, but I guess time will tell as we put them to work.

I've put my OR's to work pretty intensely, and they have been awesome... initially there were issues with corrosion on the braid cutting blade on the first batch, but these were replaced and upgraded on the second batch.

Will report back on any issues from our local guys down here on the new unbranded pliers and let you guys know if any issues crop up.

Cheers
Andre
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...