Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Andy,

not that i would know for sure but i do have an idea that the single that broke on the tail of the popper look's to me like it may be an Owner Jobu.

my (guess only) of what model the Fisherman rod(s) they are using is TRS or TRSH.

I had one cast of a friend's Fisherman GT Popping rod when a group of us were in New Caledonia in April and seriously to be up front and honest with you even before i had just one cast and retrieve i really did like it alot as soon as i had it in my hands,  i am not trying to be or talk or sound in any way professional at all but i thought if only it was a few inche's or 2 foot or so longer.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:

Great photo's Luke, and i was just getting getting over my GT withdrawal symptoms.... :D

Which brand of single was it that broke on the tail of that craft popper? Could you also tell us the model of Fisherman rod you are using there, they look great.

Cheers
Andy

Thanks Andy.

The single failure was a Decoy JS-2 10/0. First time I have seen an issue with this hook in the flesh. I did manage to open x2 Decoy 10/0 trebles - but that is part of GT fishing life.

I was running x4 Fisherman's whilst on board.

Fisherman GT Monster 77 R10
Fisherman BG Jack
Fisherman Monster R10 72
Fisherman GT GAME TRSH (this is probably the one you are interested in from the photos)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
i am not just saying this for the sake of it,

all great photo's.

it has got me guessing if there are any more to come and if so how many more.

the blue water look's very good as do all the photo's.

Robin Chan

Great photos and catches guys! Hey, where did the rubber dinghy come from? Must be an emergency raft or something, never saw it on the Antares though ;D How many days was this trip? Nice to be on land, just relaxing and watching the sun go down. Well, waiting to be back there again.  :D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
i am not just saying this for the sake of it,

all great photo's.

it has got me guessing if there are any more to come and if so how many more.

the blue water look's very good as do all the photo's.

Thanks Sam.

More images still to come!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Great photos and catches guys! Hey, where did the rubber dinghy come from? Must be an emergency raft or something, never saw it on the Antares though ;D How many days was this trip? Nice to be on land, just relaxing and watching the sun go down. Well, waiting to be back there again.  :D

Hi Robin,

Your trip and catches looked fantastic!

The rubber duck is only brought out for emergencies, however, we had to do some repairs on the CC GPS unit. We took this opportunity to spread our legs and chill with Claudius, his friends and David on the island camp.

New Caledonia is simply a phenomanal fishery!

Robin Chan

Hi Robin,

The rubber duck is only brought out for emergencies, however, we had to do some repairs on the CC GPS unit. We took this opportunity to spread our legs and chill with Claudius, his friends and David on the island camp.

Hi Luke,

Thanks....Man.. that Black GT looks awesome. Great.. 2 boats out the same time, must have had alot of fun out there. How was the winds and tide running, on your side? All Fisherman rods...you must be a faithful fan, must really enjoy using Fisherman rods. How does it perform on Big Bloopers? Can't agree with you more on NC!

Paul Taylor

Luke, Trav and Chris,

Great photos and great trip.

As a relative novice to GT fishing it was my absolute pleasure to be on board for what was an outstanding fishing experience.

Rudy and David should be congratulated for the professional manner in which they conduct their fishing expeditions.

Being in the presence of fisherman of the class of these three guys certainly was a step learning experience.

Whilst the others demonstrated their angling skills my contributions were more aligned to the odd periods of comic relief for all onboard and the protection of Trav 'the wildlife warrior' from a variety of colourful snakes on Bird Island.

Living in Cairns I am extremely fortunate to have the Barrier Reef and all its beauty and fishing options at my doorstep.

That said I would certainly be lining up again for another LPB adventure in the near future.

Regards Paul

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
the little rubber ducky stores away very neatly under the back deck. Ask them to show it to you the next time. They even have a fitting to hold the small outboard in place under the deck.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Luke, Trav and Chris,

Great photos and great trip.

As a relative novice to GT fishing it was my absolute pleasure to be on board for what was an outstanding fishing experience.

Rudy and David should be congratulated for the professional manner in which they conduct their fishing expeditions.

Being in the presence of fisherman of the class of these three guys certainly was a step learning experience.

Whilst the others demonstrated their angling skills my contributions were more aligned to the odd periods of comic relief for all onboard and the protection of Trav 'the wildlife warrior' from a variety of colourful snakes on Bird Island.

Living in Cairns I am extremely fortunate to have the Barrier Reef and all its beauty and fishing options at my doorstep.

That said I would certainly be lining up again for another LPB adventure in the near future.

Regards Paul

Would not have been the same without you mate!

I don't think I could return without you to be honest! Whilst the snakes may fear you the flying foxes have nothing to worry about :)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:

Hi Robin,

Hi Luke,

Thanks....Man.. that Black GT looks awesome. Great.. 2 boats out the same time, must have had alot of fun out there. How was the winds and tide running, on your side? All Fisherman rods...you must be a faithful fan, must really enjoy using Fisherman rods. How does it perform on Big Bloopers? Can't agree with you more on NC!

Thanks Robin.

I've still got some more GT pics to post when I receive them.

The tides were fine, however, New Caledonia is very wind dependent. Unfortunately, we had several days of very low wind - which made GT activity relatively low. Rudy masterfully managed to find bait schools being harassed within the southern exposed lagoon reefs and we also explored some never fished spots directly behind the big surf breakers on the lagoon side.

I love my Fisherman rods. The 77 R10 and BG Jack eat bloopers for breakfast, I also find the TRSH quite enjoyable when using an ICup too.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
truly awesome Luke,  keep them comming.

i am just wondering do you know or have a or any idea what the fish in the 2nd photo from the top caught on a jig is?