Colin P

Matava, Kadavu, Fiji - 25-31 January
February 10, 2010, 04:12:10 AM

Callan Wallace

Re: Matava, Kadavu, Fiji - 25-31 January
February 10, 2010, 04:29:24 AM
Great images and a great report from your trip. Well done.
Cheers

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
February 10, 2010, 08:03:26 AM
Nice report Colin, real shame about the weather. We had perfect weather earlier in January and it obviously makes a big difference just being able to fish where and when you want. Some good looking GT there though.

Adrian and Joe are top operators, who work tirelessly to find you the fish as you say. I have just booked my return trip for next January

Colin P

February 10, 2010, 09:09:29 AM
I have just booked my return trip for next January

Hi Scott,

Adrian told us about your trip and of course ours turned into a "you should have been here two weeks ago" trip - we all get them from time to time and they are what make great trips even more enjoyable. Fact is we always have a blast on fishing trips even when the humour gets a little black.

I've just received an email from Adrian re our trip next year. ;)

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 10, 2010, 12:06:35 PM
Congratulations on making the best of your trip Colin, gotto love Edwins 'socks and sandles' very British ;D ;D ;D ;)
Set the ray to GeeT

Vic Levett

February 10, 2010, 12:15:31 PM
How good is it to see a fish take a lure only one day after it was caught !  Testimony to a tough fish and evidence in favour of Catch and Release .. Well done on a grreat trip ..

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 10, 2010, 01:14:20 PM
Nice Colin... you guys did... bummer about the weather :(
We're off to Matava this coming Friday for 7 days and fingers crossed, the weather holds up OK.
I just checked the forecast and... like I said, fingers crossed, nothing over 10 knots from Sunday onwards...
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/nadi_viti_levu
Cant wait!
Cheers Rob
<*///><

Colin P

February 10, 2010, 06:21:59 PM
Congratulations on making the best of your trip Colin, gotto love Edwins 'socks and sandles' very British ;D ;D ;D ;)

Edwin is Dutch and lives in Holland - but he does speak perfect English!! ;D

Colin P

February 10, 2010, 06:24:06 PM
Nice Colin... you guys did... bummer about the weather :(
We're off to Matava this coming Friday for 7 days and fingers crossed, the weather holds up OK.
I just checked the forecast and... like I said, fingers crossed, nothing over 10 knots from Sunday onwards...
http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/nadi_viti_levu
Cant wait!
Cheers Rob

Hope you have a great trip Rob - to be fair, the weather we got was most unseasonal and of course the sea was flat calm the day after we left!

Bruno Boisset

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 10, 2010, 06:53:21 PM
Hi Colin,
great to have some news about your trip; as we spoke together the last evening of our trip, we knew that it would be difficult in a first time. Very happy  that you both well finished your trip;  exactly the opposite of our trip: very good at first and finishing very slowly, as you say in your report , with only one fish the last day.
  Cheers   Bruno

Colin P

February 10, 2010, 08:15:37 PM
Hi Colin,
great to have some news about your trip; as we spoke together the last evening of our trip, we knew that it would be difficult in a first time. Very happy  that you both well finished your trip;  exactly the opposite of our trip: very good at first and finishing very slowly, as you say in your report , with only one fish the last day.
  Cheers   Bruno

Hi Bruno,

The weather gods and the boat gods were against us - but we still had a fun time. And just seeing and feeling the 2 big GT that I snapped off was good enough to make me return next year.

Cheers

Colin

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
February 11, 2010, 09:10:06 AM
Mate very well done,some nice fish caught,them little doggies loook so cute at that size  ;D

Colin P

February 11, 2010, 09:13:32 AM
Mate very well done,some nice fish caught,them little doggies loook so cute at that size  ;D

Cute enough to eat - and we did!! ;)

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 11, 2010, 11:49:27 PM
Welcome back Colin!
Great report - looking forward to quizzing you over Matava when we get out in Mauritius!

Colin P

February 12, 2010, 12:33:28 AM
Welcome back Colin!
Great report - looking forward to quizzing you over Matava when we get out in Mauritius!

Plenty of sailing time for quizzing! ;)