Ian Ramsey

Not so long ago
March 24, 2010, 04:13:38 PM
Hi all
            Here is a photo of my first big GT , I caught him on a rod I built , line is 10 kg mono 3 1/2 in popper , Calcutta 400, the fish is 15 kg ,It took nearly 1/2 a hour to land ,I have been reading the different posts on this site , As I have no one to teach me  how to do things , every thing I have learnt has come off here ,I live in Cooktown Cape York Auss , so I have plenty of GTs to practice on , I am going to build 2 rods , 1 will be a PE 6 on a CTS popping blank for my son , the 1 for me will be PE 10 on a new Synit  popping blank ,from New Zealand , I have till the end of october to hone my skills , as I have organised a trip to Osprey reef , and yes I know I will get my butt kicked

Tight line , Empty Pockets     Ian

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not so long ago
March 24, 2010, 04:39:47 PM
That's cheeky - going and landing a nice jet black one first off  ;)

Good luck with the rod builds, post up when you are done.  You certainly have some nice waters to test them out in up that way.

Dave Foyle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 24, 2010, 08:47:15 PM
Well done Ian - cracking fish......won't be your biggest for long by the sound of things !!

Tight lines   Dave

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 24, 2010, 09:21:08 PM
Would love a jet black one!

Heard some really good things about the Synit rods - very similar manufacture process to Patriot Designs?