jay currie

Matava Fiji
April 21, 2010, 06:29:53 PM
Just back from trip to Matava Resort on Kandavu Island Fiji had nice weather and some awesome fishing. Had a couple of quiet days but thats fishing. Best days fishings was 9 gts landed over 20 strikes will post more pics when I get them of mates cameras

jay currie

Re: Matava Fiji
April 21, 2010, 06:37:15 PM
Some Underwater Shots

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
April 21, 2010, 06:58:51 PM
Is that young Laey there on that trip? Looks like he enjoyed himself.
I bet he got bought out the card tricks a few nights!!!!

jay currie

April 21, 2010, 07:29:14 PM
Yeah thats Le man he didnt take his cards so the locals bought some so he could perform. They love it

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
April 22, 2010, 08:48:29 AM
Good work boys,some clear pics taken under water...

What do you guys thing of the Patriot Design Rods with the Low Rider guides ??

jay currie

April 22, 2010, 06:59:14 PM
Carnt really say to much about the patriot rods for they are a mate of mines. But it deffently doesnt hinnder his casting only thing is fighting fish on his black mafia is brautal he cuaght a 30kg Gt and it was lucky to bend the rod he was very saw affter wards.

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 22, 2010, 07:50:31 PM
Isn't Lay Lady Lay a great guy to be around, so much fun & always happy, I do hope that he enjoyed himself. Definately a performer.

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 23, 2010, 03:33:51 PM
Nice pics guys well done.

Just paid deposit and booked into Matava for Jan 2011.

Cannot wait  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Le Vi Hua

April 24, 2010, 06:50:09 AM
Yo Brock!!!

Le lady Le reporting! I had a rocking trip the first two days were awesome got my PB fish 28kg (unfortunately didn't bust out a +30) I took a page out of "The Brock school of GT fighting" all or nothing and I like it!!! Landed some fish in record time 10kg 2-3mins 15kg 3-4mins the PB 28kg 6-7mins. But as you can see from the photos I really gotta put my back into it.

Lost my yellow hammerhead G cup short w/scrot. The GT swallowed the whole lure while we were removing the lure. I'm totally gutted I don't have my PB GT lure. We released the fish with lure in belly with hopes the trebles will rust out and and the fish will be able to spit out the lure. 

The fijians at Matava mainly George was besides himself when I told him I didn't bring any magic out this year (especailly when I said I'd bring more out this time round). It was strictly a +30 hopefully +40kg GT expedition. So what actually happened they got some old cards which had suffered from too many fijian summers I couldn't even shuffle them. So I request American Bicycle cards George drilled all the Americans and found some. I performed to all the guests 30 in total and the staff. Now you never hear a Fijian swearing but after showing Maggie a rubbber band trick He was speachless with a stunned face then he whispered to himself "fuck" Very unexpected but extremely funny.

I used the Orion bigfoot stickbait you gave me for a whole morning without a follow but poppers did account for 95% of the GT's this trip. Thanks again for that lure adds some spice to my lure box

jay currie

April 24, 2010, 07:17:11 AM
One for Le

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 24, 2010, 10:36:27 AM
Sweet photo there Jay.
Good to see that the efforts Mathew Vinton put in with Le swimming off the Ribbons has worked out well.

jay currie

April 25, 2010, 05:27:55 PM
Yeah I was keeping an eye on him but he had no probs. So next year he will be able to swim out to his own poppers that is if I tie his knots