Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Frederick Reef 8 August 2010
August 09, 2010, 09:52:12 AM
Glanville:- We woke up this morning nearing Elusive Reef and by the time the guys were done with breakfast we had arrived at the anchorage... perfect timing, we went to challenge some GTs on the casting gear and once all was set up with new lures we headed off, the first spot I stopped at was a shoal between two reefs, the current was pushing over it just perfectly and as a shoal of bait popped up I immediately got excited for the day ahead, I think it was Paul's 2nd cast for the day and a GT just sucked his Sebile Splasher down like a lolly, whilst fighting the fish we stumbled across another 2 shoals of bait and once we set the creature free we got straight back into it... double hook up both Darryl and Ray were bending, Paul would no doubt have had a fish too if he weren't resting from the previous fish... we boated 5 GTs in quick time before I decided to stop for lunch, whilst the guys were having a bite we drifted past this sexy looking little spot in the shallows and I couldn't help having a flick, 2 twitches and the beast just destroyed me on the light gear... well lets finish lunch then... things slowed down a little after lunch so we sniffed around in the shallows near the anchorage in hope for a trout and some small emperors, it wasn't long and we had double bending on red throats, we found this awesome little spot and managed to pull out 7 fish in quick time, deciding to end the day off with a couple of GTs we headed off and boated another 3 before the guys were in dying need of some cold beer...great day on the water.

Nick:- Approaching the reef this morning in a lumpy following sea and sunshine above with an easy 15 looked like it was going to be a nice day. We unhooked our boats and got ready for a change of pace from Wahoo insanity at Fredricks to the GT mania at Elusive I was hoping for. As the morning went by things weren't looking so good and almost every spot we stopped at looked pretty average, no bait and the current didn't seem right. We managed to get an early fish around 10 or so and then never saw another fish the rest of the day until just before 2. The tide had started running nicely and things were looking up for us. We started seeing more fish. We had some insane action around 3 where almost every cast brought a fish either just to look or to attack. Josh who had not managed to land a fish yet said his goal was to get a fish over 30kilos before the week is over and the next couple of casts he managed to hook a horse of 40 kilos and 15mins later another fish of 30 kilos the last time I saw a smile that big was like seeing a little kid sitting on father christmas's lap before Christmas. The action never stopped and we managed to boat 10 GT's for the day with all the guys pretty broken after a hard day out there.

Saltaire:- well today started off a little slow. But soon picked up in the afternoon. We boated 2 GTs and saw a fair few but for some reason these fish just weren't on the chew. Hopefully its chaos tomorrow....