Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suggestion for GT trip whit girlfriend
June 03, 2011, 06:22:55 PM
Hi all,
I'm starting now to find the right compromise for me and my girl friend. I need a nice trip for GT (big Gt, better if are monster GT  8)), but I need also a nice place for my girlfriend (white beaches, sun, palms and comfort)... What are your suggestions?
I might consider a fishing trip not for GT (somewhere in central America or other destination...)

Thanks a lot to all  :)

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Suggestion for GT trip whit girlfriend
June 03, 2011, 08:01:51 PM
Fiji

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 08:11:31 PM
New Cal

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 08:20:33 PM
You go fishing......... she goes to the beach! 
How's that for a compromise?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 10:02:52 PM
you're looking for white beaches, sun, palms, comfort and monster GTs to boot?
Good luck!  ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Dan Wulf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 10:30:33 PM
Haveloc Island, Andamans. Pleanty of GTs - though larger specimens above 35 kg are rare. Prestine beaches, white sand, have-your-own-island-for-a-day etc. 

Narc

June 04, 2011, 12:59:33 AM
Head to Bali.
GTs are not huge, but there are fair chances of getting them, besides its a great holiday destinations... sandy beaches, nice resorts, plenty of shopping, cheap spas and great food and booze...

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 04, 2011, 02:42:05 AM
you're looking for white beaches, sun, palms, comfort and monster GTs to boot?
Good luck!  ;D

No Brandon, sand, sun and palms are only for my girlfriend, I'm looking only to improove my GT record. For this I wrote "compromise". I could give up the palms  ;)

Haveloc Island, Andamans. Pleanty of GTs - though larger specimens above 35 kg are rare. Prestine beaches, white sand, have-your-own-island-for-a-day etc. 

I was in Port Blair on Febrary whit the exellent equipe of Game Fishing India. For what I can see, is a paradise for fishing, but is not the destination I was thinking for... Now I go cheking for Aveloc. Thanks for the suggstion  :)

Dan Wulf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 04, 2011, 06:34:48 AM
I was in Port Blair on Febrary whit the exellent equipe of Game Fishing India. For what I can see, is a paradise for fishing, but is not the destination I was thinking for... Now I go cheking for Aveloc. Thanks for the suggstion  :)
Darran and Akshay from Game Fishing India can take both of you to Havelock (less than 2 hrs from Port Blair), drop your girlfriend at Beach no. 7, take you fishing.......and pick her up on the way back to PB.

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 04, 2011, 05:28:35 PM
Darran and Akshay from Game Fishing India can take both of you to Havelock (less than 2 hrs from Port Blair), drop your girlfriend at Beach no. 7, take you fishing.......and pick her up on the way back to PB.

Thank you Dan, I spoke yesterday whit an italian guy who had been there. Now Havelock is my first choice...

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 09, 2011, 02:09:00 PM
Whitsundays????

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 10, 2011, 08:17:48 AM
Antonio,
The Whitsunday Islands are in the middle of Queensland Coast. They are large continental Islands with a range of Resorts from very flash to budget, Hamilton Island being the best known.
There are a lot of GT's around the Islands plus it is possible to do day fishing trips to the Outer Barrier Reef.  I have stayed at a number of Resorts and they were nice. I don't personally know the fishing charter guys, but I'm sure someone on here could help.

Can anyone else fill in the gaps?

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 10, 2011, 09:15:25 AM
That would be an easy one for me......Fiji for sure.

But my wife wouldnt like it if I had a girlfriend.... ;D ;D

Pete

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 07:16:01 AM
Antonio,
The Whitsunday Islands are in the middle of Queensland Coast. They are large continental Islands with a range of Resorts from very flash to budget, Hamilton Island being the best known.
There are a lot of GT's around the Islands plus it is possible to do day fishing trips to the Outer Barrier Reef.  I have stayed at a number of Resorts and they were nice. I don't personally know the fishing charter guys, but I'm sure someone on here could help.

Can anyone else fill in the gaps?

Nice info Graham, thanks a lot, i didn't know Whitsundy islands before. I get to find some info for fishing charters.  :)