Shaun Raymond

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey guys I know that traditionally the cooler months are the best time for Kingfish jigging. I'm hoping to smash it over the next couple of months. I was hoping that some one could tell me what the best moon phases are for this? We normally jig in 100 meters of water & head out of Terrigal. Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Hey Shaun, I think the question you are really asking is which moon phases are the best for Seals and Jackets!

Shaun Raymond

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thats probably more to the point peter, atleast it has been of late hasnt it...
Ok broadening the question, not just on the coast but anyone who regularly tries their hands at kingy jigging, has anyone noticed the best moon phase to fill the eski...

Cheers folks

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Not full moon....I think we have come to agree down this way in Sydney that fishing for kings on a full moon is hard work so we don't bother. Not to say they aren't there, just not as active it seems.

Shaun Raymond

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hey cheers andrew yeah thats what i have heard,  i was recently out the day after the moon and that was surely the case. I have also heard just before the moon to be good, so i am going to do my best to try and find out.  Appreciate it mate

Josh Stuckey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Now my experience with kings is off the rocks so take what you will from that but I've found the tide timing more influential.

I found especially this year that a low tide between 9-11am has resulted in the greatest numbers of kings, from 55-90cm. The nasty big ones tend to show up when ever the want with a preferrence for when the kmart special pilchard tosser's are out in force.

Josh