alex frangoulis

soloman islands?
August 05, 2011, 06:21:02 PM
a few blokes i know are going to the solomons in october.  anyone fished there? if so how was it?

cheers Alex.

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: soloman islands?
August 05, 2011, 11:30:48 PM
Frined of mine is there naw, when he come back i can sure share to you good new!

Vincenzo

Graham Stevenson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 10, 2011, 04:31:21 PM
Went there a number of years ago to Zippolo habu up near Munda. Beautiful place and amazing people. fishing was okay but not spectacular. Think that there is substantial commercial pressure and also subsistence fishing. Got a few GT's up to about 15 Kg , heaps of Bluefin Trevally and Coral trout , and a few unmentionables.Also dropped a sailfish and probably had a small dogtooth on .
Most fun I had was fishing off the jetty back at the resort , particularly with the staff early in the morning - caught Gt's , Bluefin Trevally , Queenfish , Diamond Trevally , long Tom's and saw a couple of mangrove jacks caught.
Pretty basic place to travel to but a lot of fun. 

Sam Owen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 12, 2011, 03:26:50 PM
Doesn't sound to bad  :D

Michael Tanner

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 29, 2011, 07:23:46 PM
I am heading there soon, I am after my first GT, we are staying at Sanbis Resort located on Gizo Island. Check out  www.sanbisresort.com
Has anyone been there? I looks cool. 8)

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 08, 2011, 09:54:08 AM
Mate of mine spent 3 years there. Reckons the popping was not red hot but heaps of Spaniards, ground fish and pelagics. Jigging might produce some interesting results as he said the deep water fishing for Onaga, Pakapaka etc was exceptional.