Dan Kaggelis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WA Trip
October 17, 2011, 08:01:02 PM
The missus has agreed to a 21/2 month trip from Perth to Broome (driving britz van). I am keen to do as much popping as I can and I am keen to do as many trips as I can whilst I am there as I want to do a bit of spearing as well. I know there are a few WA guys on here and I was wondering what are three spots I just shouldnt miss out on in terms of popping.

Kyle Stacey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: WA Trip
October 17, 2011, 10:36:34 PM
Montebello Islands, going in 2.5 weeks!!!

Zac Chilvers

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 12:27:24 AM
Not a lot of popping options until you get up to Exmouth/Coral Bay and depending on what your plans are for charters or land based. Exmouth has both with the navy pier and oysters landbased or charter wise look at http://www.peaksportfishing.com.au/index.html . From Exmouth you have the Monte option but most charters will be a week long and coming into cyclone season I'm not sure on what charters are going. Then the next option would be around Dampier which is pretty much all offshore options with limited landbased for any decent GT's and has some good spearing as well.

Ryan Theyer

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 12:29:16 AM
Mate, you really need to be north of the 26th parallel before you get into decent popping country. Exmouth has plenty of opportunities. Shoot eddy lawler a pm. He runs a charter out of exmouth and knows everything you need to about the place,

Cheers.

Ryan

Dan Kaggelis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
Thanks guys, I will be heading over in June so the cyclones should be gone. Sounds like I might need to bring the jigging gear for a little further south   

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 11:21:03 AM
Yep if fishing perth jigging for sambos,amberjacks, small tuna and chance of a YTK are your options
When x meets y

Brett Fonti

October 18, 2011, 03:12:51 PM
Exmouth is definately worth the stop, great place and even better fishing. With-out stepping on anyones toes, try on-strike charters, Josh knows were the fish are, you can check them out at www.onstrike.com.au.
Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:28:40 PM by Brett Fonti