Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
We have just had a group of Robert Balkow, Steffen Greubel and Johannes Cramer fish with us in Hallaniyat Islands the last few days. Robert is a guide in Germany and after a lot of back and forth on gear and conditions the guys arrived with some serious gear including Race Point 250, Ripplefisher, Shimano Lesath rods, Stellas and a good few lures!

We helped the guys set up on our last night of my Dads trip and got them launched early the following morning. The guys stayed out on the island at the new villa and had an awesome time and caught about 15 GTs in total. Robert got the biggest around 50kgs and then there were a few other good sized GTs caught. Great to be able to stay right in the middle of the fishing grounds and get extra time on the water, paying off big time at the moment! The guys managed a massive grouper on a popper of around 55kgs about 1km from the island marina!! The fish was caught in about 5m of water! Really amazing.

I'm heading for US tomorrow morning to fish NC with Sami and the boyz! We have a couple of trips in Musandam and Hallaniyat Islands on the go so competition is on big time!! Hopefully will be able to post a few pictures over the coming days.

Cheers,
Nick

Awesome fish on popper in 5m of water

bucket mouth!

Beware of the camel!

Launching the boat

Driver

First GT, happy days!

Victory is sweet! Love it when a plan comes together!

Custom Race Point 250 been put to the test again!!

Biggest GT of the trip, good fish!

Blacktip Trevally

Robert Balkow

Overall it was just an awesome trip!

Thanks to Nick and the whole Ocean Active team who made this trip very enjoyable.
Next year we will be back to "battle the beast" and to pay some open bills! ;-)

After my incredible 52kg GT-beast my friends were not so lucky. We missed a strike by a 50+ and dropped an other just 10m away from the boat.

Greetz to Tommy, Saoud, Sultan and the rest of the crew.

Robert

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Robert, it was awesome to have you in Southern Oman and look forward to the March 13 trip! After your big Geet it is going to be exciting to try and better that fish!! Bring it on!!

Speak soon, Cheers,
Nick

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
Great report Nick.

And congratulation to Robert and his team of marry men.

Nick you have a life style that most fisherman dream about.

I will be looking forward to your report from the U.S.A

Cheers Rob
Cheers,
Rob

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Rob, Many thanks, the guys did really well and I think Roberts guiding skills paid off big time along with Tomy showing them the local ropes. To get 15 GTs and the grouper with cold water and some bad weather is impressive! I'm count myself very lucky to be able to travel and fish for work! But it helps to have guys like Sami sorting out logistics and local knowledge for the Bluefin!

Bags packed heading for the airport, hopefully have some good pictures in a couple of days.

Cheers,
Nick

Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Congratulations to Robert and the whole crew on a well done job!
even with bad conditions Southern Oman still produce quality fish, I look forward to your visit Nick  ;)

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
Nick you have some awesome fishing reports from a place I would never imagine fishing, going to have to put Oman on the bucket list.
GT FIGHT CLUB

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Charles, Many thanks, it has been an amazing ride finding all the fishing we have in Oman and UAE. When I arrived there 11 years ago it was to work and no one new that there was any GTs in Oman and we found them by chance exploring the fishing in Musandam in Northern Oman and never looked back. We originally started out running flyfishing and offshore trips. But with help from a lot of fisherman and friends from around the globe we learnt a lot and still learning which is the great part of the job! Great to be able to see different set ups from different areas and stories of fish and untouched places. Really happy that Oman is seen as a top GT destination at the moment and very satisfying to have found it originally not many places left untouched anymore. Welcome anytime this side!

Cheers,
Nick

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
Congratz mate,cracking fish there well done,big boofing grouper....