Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Popper types for carpenter coral viper
April 03, 2012, 09:12:26 AM
Hey there guys i bought a CV a while back and probably wont use it for a while more because of where i live but i wont bother selling because i know one day itll come to good use on gt trips and kingy trips. Now my question is what poppers would suit this rod as iv been told mainly small cupped poppers to 150 grams are what you are looking for..? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Marko
When x meets y

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Popper types for carpenter coral viper
April 03, 2012, 10:46:48 AM
Hey Marko, I would say the ideal poppers are things like Cubera 125, Seafrogs 120 to 135 - that size of popper.  The rod will handle larger, but those would be ideal in my book.

For stickbaits you can go much bigger.

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 03, 2012, 10:53:44 AM
Cheers mark. How have you been over there mate? il have to come to bali very soon i say im very over working have been doing long swings with shorter breaks and im ready to pull the pin haha. Will let you know when im coming that way hopefully we can organise another trip together and this time il be prepared with my own gear and not feel so rude :) cheers

Marko
When x meets y

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 03, 2012, 01:16:47 PM
All good thanks Marko. In amongst some bad weather, the fishing was very good here in March. Hopefully that will continue well into April.