Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:27:10 AM by Brandon Khoo
If it swims; I want to catch it!

marinco koj

nice pics !

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That's a very grand boat!  Doing it in style Brandon :).

Shame no big fish for you guys but at least you caught plenty.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I must admit, it was a bit of a change (and a not unpleasant one!) to do it in style.   ;D

Sam Owen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Doing it in style alright mate, you sure your going to want to chase SBT's this June 35miles
out in the freezing winter from a 6m cc!  :o lol

Cheers Sam.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Oh jeeeez Brandon.......live baiting for spaniards.......whats the world coming to!

Nice trip though, I know what you mean about those tuna towers, it alleviates a lot of blind casting hey!  The skipper also gets an awesome view of the GT's coming up on the lures too!

That's a fair stretch from Hamilton to Cairns - must have been a fair bit of running between bommies too!

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
No wonder Wahyu hasn't fixed Thr guides on my rod he is out having fun!! :D

Sounds like a nice change of style (almost as fun as a dory I am sure) shame about the weather but at least it is comfortably fishable and travel wise in a boat like that

Doug Lindsay

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Nice report, thanks for sharing Brandon! I was up in the whitsundays 2 weeks ago and we saw GameOver in Shute. She is certainly an impressive rig. We found the weather to be much tougher than the 10-15 kt forcast. All good, we still had a pleasant trip. No GTs though for us (just 1 swipe). Hoping to get back up there soon.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
The problem with forecasts is they are all over the place. Anyway, the buoyweather forecast was pretty spot on amd boy, it blew! To Tony's credit, we found heaps of GTs. We had one really tough day when it just blew up too much but we had great fishing the other days.