martin brennan

Cheap Stick Baits
March 12, 2008, 05:19:06 PM

Gday, has anyone come across these relatively cheap stickbaits. They are made by River to Sea and for the money look pretty good!

http://www.river2seausa.com/t/rover230.html

They are good size and have decent owner hooks on them. I have seen them in the shops for just over $20. The body looks like it may crack/puncture with a big fish clamping down but for that price might be worth a shot?

cheers
martin

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cheap Stick Baits
March 12, 2008, 05:30:43 PM
Martin, I think it is certainly worth a go. They're the right size and they look pretty good too.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 07:33:22 PM
I have had the small light tackle ones for a few years and like their action so I tried a couple of the big ones last week, casts really well and a has one of the best actions I have seen, walks the dog on retrieve and if you pause it will dive and roll as it darts side to side. One of mine is a transparent plastic with a reflective centre which looks awesome in the water, you can also see the sealed weights and rattle chamber.
They are plastic so how much they can take we will find out eventually, and the trebles are ST66 3/0's which is definitely to small on the belly and is passable on the tail, they worked well with big singles, also no through wire
Good for the money, I think :-\

Even Zest popper don't like hitting concrete bridges  :o ::)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 07:37:10 PM
Neither do Craftbaits or Orions.......
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 08:32:35 PM
I got given one of the new R2S stickbaits the other day.  Looks very good.  Should be a lot tougher than the wooden stickbaits, just hope it works as good.  I changed the trebles over to 4/0's, but I reckon 5/0's wouldn't be too big. 

If this rain and wind ever stops I'll let you know how it works.
Cairns Bommie Basher

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 08:46:16 PM
How bad is this weather hey Steve.... ::)
Its been blowing 35k S/E for the last two weeks here...?
Not to mention the last 3 months on the Sunshine Coast....
Been the worst summer ever... >:( >:(

Pete

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 09:39:33 PM
Last Jan, Feb and March weren't much better Peter, at one stage in Feb my cabin fever had me walking around Lake McDonald casting little R2C stickbaits at lillies ::), I even contemplated getting a little tinnie, actually I am again  :-\ ;)

Greg 'FFF' Burt