Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Couldnt agree more Matt, fish was def not over 72kg which is what i believe the current record to be and i have made no claim for the fish to be any sort of record just a monster thats all. I could have taken more time to measure/weigh the fish and ended up with a dead GT on board .. as it was we had to pull the fish for 10 minutes to revive it so i would do nothing different it i could relive the moment. 

Having guided S.Oman almost every day of last season and so far this i have witnessed many fish over 50kg & 60kg all of which we were made to look small by Scotty's beast. I am not entering a competition, just wanted to share a pic of a big fish. Enjoy.

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
100% understand and agree with you that the fish's health is paramount to all other desires.

and a 157cm beast - is a true monster of the deep.

and am not discrediting your estimate - I was simply curious on the size...

congrats to you guys, and to Scotty - the ultimate now would be for another person to catch it, and report on the growth.... I think the knowledge of fish that size is pretty limited.

cheers

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
On another note take a look at one of the carbontex drag washers from my SOM 18k spool which i have only fished for around 6 weeks .. little disappointed to be honest considering the price of the spool. All need replacing already .. anyone else have this problem?

Ed, based on my limited experience I would still say 6 weeks is an age for a drag washer in southern oman ;)

Set the ray to GeeT

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Superb GT's Ed, and I reckon you'd get some of our Aussie hardcore bream fanatics worked up in a frenzy with fish like that!

Cheers Dave

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Yeah think you are right Andy, luckily i have a mate in Dubai who can hook me up with new washers for the SOM 18k spool .. i have landed 4 over 50' the last few weeks on my new Stella 10k with SOM 16k spool. I fish the reel with fully locked drag and doubt it will be long till they all have to be replaced.  Hope you doing well mate.

The Aussie boys certainly seem to love their Bream, hope to see you here sometime David and put you onto some bud :)

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Ed, have you got teeth marks in the Nemo yet? Doing well but still suffering shuwaymiyah withdrawal symptoms. Drag washers...I will be interested in seeing how long it takes until you need to replace the 10k :o ;).

Yeah think you are right Andy, luckily i have a mate in Dubai who can hook me up with new washers for the SOM 18k spool .. i have landed 4 over 50' the last few weeks on my new Stella 10k with SOM 16k spool. I fish the reel with fully locked drag and doubt it will be long till they all have to be replaced.  Hope you doing well mate.

The Aussie boys certainly seem to love their Bream, hope to see you here sometime David and put you onto some bud :)
Set the ray to GeeT

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
U Joking bud!? That Carpenter Nemo now lives under my pillow! The other present you left me has long gone and resulted in a few headaches  8) Nice work seeing one of your big fish caught with us in the carpenter news letter bro.