Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Big boys as usual, ill admit everytime I read one of these reports I expect monster fish  :D. That 10k is getting a workout  :o credit to shimano for creating a reel that size that can take a beating and dish it out.
GT FIGHT CLUB

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
Great stuff Jay,camera looks like it does a great job...

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Jay - Yeah do try post again when you get the time. I could post all week on here on how great we are but at the end of the day its better when our guests give their own experience and i prefer to stay away from blowing my own trumpet  :o ::) Your Wahoo was also very impressive and biggest i seen come out of these waters, how awesome was the take!

Thanks for the info Mark and like you said it shows the importance of having a swivel with a large dia wire on the eye or using a thimble. Spent ages perfecting the PR knot, spooling reels tighter than a mouses ass, huge hooks, split rings but even after all of that there is till so many things to go wrong .. man i love how bad ass monster GT are!

Just received my new WCP Poppers and ASWB Stick baits now im in Salalah .. fantastic lures and both going to get smashed! Finishing & performance on both are simply top notch.

Herb garden here continuing to go nuts and enjoying experimenting with cooking with the fresh Basil, lemon grass, parsley, rosemary, mint etc :) I have also got a new contact in Salalah where we get huge cuts of Uruguay Sirlion, Lamb and BACON!! Some serious good dinners and boat sarnies going down recently but food & lodging is always something we have made huge effort with & guests enjoy.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Bacon!  ;D . That would be a fine addition to your already startlingly good food Ed.

Yep, there is so much that can go wrong with terminals when you are dealing with huge fish, 120 lb + lines and big reels with super heavy drag settings. It's all very unforgiving. You have certainly seen some of my equipment failures in those circumstances  :-[ .
Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:02:21 PM by Mark Harris

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Ed don't forget the spanglie indian curry, Mark agreed gawd that bacon looks good, none where i am :-\.

Currently is there any better place to test every facet of your kit and skill?

long live this fishery, go singles ;D

Set the ray to GeeT

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Bacon!  ;D . That would be a fine addition to your already startlingly good food Ed.

Ed don't forget the spanglie indian curry, Mark agreed gawd that bacon looks good, none where i am :-\.

Did you boys miss out on the Bacon!  :P

We also had the Indian curry, Andy... except with Amberjack... wwoooooowweeeee. First time eating AJ and I must say I was very impressed 8)

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Wahoo steaks anyone?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Did you boys miss out on the Bacon!  :P

We also had the Indian curry, Andy... except with Amberjack... wwoooooowweeeee. First time eating AJ and I must say I was very impressed 8)

Yeah man, no Bacon :(

Wahoo steaks are quite possibly my favourite eating fish of all. Just needs a really light coating of olive oil and a touch of salt. So simple, and totally delicious.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Wahoo steaks are quite possibly my favourite eating fish of all. Just needs a really light coating of olive oil and a touch of salt. So simple, and totally delicious.

Muhammad was very impressed  ;D He said he'd been waiting for it ever since he came to Oman  ;)