Scott Sloan

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
shark bay GT's
August 12, 2013, 01:08:29 PM
G'day all,

heading to shark bay in September, and just after some advice or some locations of where people have had success on the GT's and poppers and sticksbaits they have used.... I will be fishing steep point and dirk hartog island from boat and landbased , my setup is a stella xg 14000, rod??? have in mind the temple reef 78hh hopefully pick it up in the next few days or any other suggestions for that reel appreciated. also have a stella 5000sw for the small stuff also need  rod for this as I only have a light jigging rod for it . and any other relevant info also appreciated.

cheers sloany :)

Chris Rippon

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Re: shark bay GT's
January 30, 2014, 12:35:16 AM
Hay mate,

Just wondering if you ended up getting a TR Rod and if so what did you get?

Cheers

Chris

Brian Maccarone

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 30, 2014, 11:25:11 PM
I have fished both ends of Dirk Hartog and Steep Point a fair few times and have not seen a GT. We have come across schools of small goldens but that is about it on the trevs. I have heard rumours that the islands to the north do hold GT's. Throwing stick baits and poppers along the drop off they call the Fault Line will produce big yellow fin and macks. Some of the yellowfin are trains!

chris coates

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 02, 2014, 06:57:45 PM
Hey mate
i went on a trip to Steep last year with a few mates. we never hooked up to any GT's but never did any serious popping. mainly went for mackies. but the guys that did some free diving along the cliff edge sed that they saw a few swimming about. so there there but id say not in big numbers.
Hunt Smart Fish Hard