Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Could you have caught any more fish?

A couple more  ;) These images all courtesy of Lars Nielsen's camera, some shot by him, some by me..

3rd cast of the trip had this sucker putting the hurt on me.. Darkstar Cubera 180 on the Ripplfisher 79H and one of Crazy Tails Jono's 150lb Twisties..:

Switching to the final day.. AJ's on topwater.. Lars first to hook up in about 7 metres of water on a GT3..

Yasser on the leader

And an EPIC Topwater AJ for Lars from incredibly shallow water... Lars did a fantastic job on this fish..

Then it was the Mad Frenchman's turn.. Bertrand seems to have a "thing" for hooking fish really close to the boat... many of you may have seen the video clip of his 52 kilo model from April exhaling a Prosele stickbait just a metre or two from the gunnel.. He had the same with another GT this trip, but this AJ took the cake..
Tsurusaki-San's fresh hooked bluefin was being pulled boatside and Berties Bigfoot was literally hanging off his rod tip against the side of the boat when a brown blur swept in after following the bluefin and inhaled his Bigfoot... I felt the tail slap on the hull it was so close, right under my feet!

Of course Bertrand was in "2 Clicks Back" mode and this fish had him diving under, around, through and then over everything on board and the motors.. Mo did an epic job at the helm to helm him get control of the fish again, and then he went to work... another bus size topwater AJ in shallow water...

And lastly, but not least ( there are 1000's more images! ) here is a final shot of the Master himself, Tsurusaki-San with a "small" Oman GT on the last afternoon... I think his last fish for the trip.. pretty fitting end!

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Some more great pics Dre!

I say it again as it obvious from some of these pics that the water was so rough: you guys did damned well given the weather!

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
There are many variations of slow pitch jigging. Tsurusaki san of FLC LABO demonstrates his slow pitch jigging technique.
He is one of the best all round Japanese fishermen I've met.
He developed FCL LABO rods and jigs specifically designed for slow pitch jigging.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Here is the video of the trip.

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Some great fish there despite the lumpy conditions, well done guys.

Good to see Mohammed and Yassir back for another season.

Almost packed ready for our trip at the end of the month...... ;D

Mike Northcott

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Chris, I hope you have had a few sessions at the Gym to get yourselves GT fighting fit!!

4 months to go for our Andamans trip, even if its only a quarter as good we will be in heaven.

Have fun on your trip

Regards

Mike

Chrislocke

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Awesome report! I really want to go there now! Haha!

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
What a great report. Some beautiful GTs there, and the light tackle action looks insane! Any estimates on the length/weight of those "bream"? Difficult to tell from the photos.
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Finally back near internet after fishing and guiding hard the past month. So good to look though all the pics and remembering what was an amazing week of fishing and great banter.

Watching Tsurusaki San fish was incredible, the guy is a true master of the sport. Great to see everyone enjoy the inshore fishing so much, it is simply too good to miss out on with the number of fish and species caught and the boys loved it.

Dre' and I have long been in touch but to have some cold ones and fish together was one of the highlights of the week. What a character and good bloke, Bertrand and I could not stop laughing.

Another highlight of the week was extending our tagging portfolio to Bream  8) We are now tagging the GTs and Bream and look forward to launching our GT SAT Tag program next month.

Really look forward to the next trip with some of the same characters and others.

Tight lines Ed

Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:02:21 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Ryan,

Measured from lip to fork they were averaging from 60-65cm. Some were very very fat and others more streamlined. Will be interesting to see if we get some recaptures this season now we have started the tagging. I believe they are resident to their own 'patch' of 1-2km sections where they are thick. Further on from those habitats the cliffs are broken up by virgin beaches (Permit, 3 spot Pompano etc) which all adds to the excitement and frantic lures changes. Just great fun!

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
60-65 cm!  :o

I'm pretty sure some Aussie bream fishos would travel to Oman just for them!
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
Nice action from a diverse group of anglers. Andre wicked hair man!  ;D

Aloha
GT FIGHT CLUB

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
The hair is certainly legendary!! Enough for everyone to share ..

Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:29:13 PM by ed nicholas

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Hahaha, classic pic Ed!!!

Really loved hanging with you mad buggers, was such a great group we had together... even if you buggers made me the laughing stock of the group... I swear you boys just have mad twisted senses of humour!!  ;) ;) ;) But it works for me, cause so do I I guess!

Can't wait to do it again as soon as possible!

And here's another funny pic from the trip... Shows just how much Southern Oman can change you!!!
Bertrand Tsurusaki and Yoshitaka Picarda!
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Brilliant!  Truly brilliant.