Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Southern Oman II - First Week of October 2013
October 26, 2013, 07:53:21 AM
SO its been a massively tough year work wise, long hours, lots of stress the usual yada yada and the only thing saving my sanity was the rebook of Hallaniyat Islands trip with www.oceanactive.com that I did last year ... so I persuaded

Andrew Walker to come with me so we could bag his first GT! Well long story cut short ... really bad weather made for a difficult trip coupled with GT lockjaw disease meant we landed one on PE6 and lost around 6 I think (one boatside that came off the gaff 4th cast into the first day - absolute bus and prospective PB GT! *sigh*). We had some highs and lows ... let the pictures do the talking!

Best moment? A real "priceless" Andrew moment that saw a rod in one piece one second and literally blew up massively to be reduced to carbon rubble in his hands the second :D followed secondly by a huge hit to reef in 3 seconds flat in 3m water with a huge bommie! doh!

I guess I have to apologize as I partly take blame for Andrew not hitting the bullseye - we got extremely lucky to get into a GT surface bustup situation - unfortunately I thought they were tuna and handed Andrew his Tenryu Diablo with a

10K and 50lb line :/ didn't last long :'( sorry bud!

Although without realizing it he did get a massive brown GT in the form of a huge topwater AJ - nice!

A good week and nice to be away in the sunshine catching fish!

Oreos!

Donkey on ShellSHaping popper!

Landy for sale - owner picks up!

Boat for sale - owner sails away!!!

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Mate,

What a great week and fantastic catching up again.

Weather was tough and the GTs shy but boy those AJs made up for it!

I'll catch up with you and Andrew next year.

Regards,

Trev

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Southern Oman II - First Week of October 2013
November 03, 2013, 10:42:03 PM
Howzit Alex!! Tough conditions and sorry I missed you guys! Got a few plans for the next trip! The wheel turns and the GTs will hopefully be loose on the next one!!

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
November 08, 2013, 05:47:05 AM
Howzit Alex, You need the cigarette boost shot again, make it look easy :). For a second I thought Nick had a dual console four engine boat haha
GT FIGHT CLUB

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 08, 2013, 11:10:32 AM
Hey Charles! More casting less smoking this time round! Didn't get a chance to have too many post coital smokes!!