stuart bradley

Re: Daiwa price rises
November 03, 2008, 02:28:29 PM
What about retailer X that has purchased X amount of stock? He can't simply sell it for cheaper when he bought it for much more just because the dollar is stronger.

It's not practical to change pricing at the drop of a hat. What would you all say if every manufacturer and service provider changed their pricing whenever they liked? What would you say if the price went up every time that the dollar weakened?

Exactly, which is why I can never understand the petrol prices jumping up when the tanks are still half full.

Some companies are passing on true cost increases, and there are others (not really related to the GT and jiging market as a whole) who are putting 25% on as of today, after throwing about the same (and more on some lures) on about 2 months ago. Who wants to pay $30 for a bonito and salmon lure??? :o

There is one company who has recently seen a decent price drop on a lot of gear. Pity the new dollar dramas have seen the last of that

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 03, 2008, 03:03:12 PM
Who wants to pay $30 for a bonito and salmon lure??? :o

Who wants to pay , or who has paid $30 for one .... damn x-raps  :(

stuart bradley

November 03, 2008, 04:01:03 PM
You should see what the prices are going to be on the big ones that were $30 before. I think its the CD12 or 14 thats going up to that price. They are not worth that. I think the big ones will hit $40-$45 soon as the new priced stock rolls through

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 03, 2008, 05:04:36 PM
White barrel sinkers all round I reckon......do they work on GTs as well?

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
November 03, 2008, 06:12:17 PM
They work on everything when fired from a cannon ;)