Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shipping Tackle Ahead of Trip
December 30, 2008, 04:45:38 PM
Hi guys,

I am going to new cal in April next year to fish with LPB. The trip is part family/part work, in that two couples are going (my wife and I with our baby son, a friend and his wife). When we get there the girls are going to a resort whilst we fish 3 days then go to join them.

What this all means is my wife and I will have to take normal stuff for our holiday, including all the baby gear, and I will also have to take my fishing gear.

It seems to me it is going to be a logistical nightmare in terms of the number and size of bags and, as some of you would know, when travelling with a small child the last thing you want to do is make things harder for yourself.

What I was thinking is that it might be a lot easier for me to ship some or all of my fishing gear over to LPB beforehand, and then have ot sent back as well, to save me having to lug it with the other gear.

Has anyone had any problems with this before? Has anyone done this specifially to/from New Cal and, if so, who did you ship with and how did it go?

Cheers

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shipping Tackle Ahead of Trip
December 31, 2008, 09:43:25 AM
Scott, I think this could get quite complicated as some of the Pacific countries are import-duty crazed. They want to tax anything that comes into the country and while it would not be dutiable if you were removing it from the country within a certain period (generally counted in days), the red tape on this could be scary.

I suggest the right person for you to make this inquiry with is David Boue-Mandil.
If it swims; I want to catch it!