Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rowley Shoals 2008
May 12, 2007, 06:14:41 PM
If I can get enough people willing to commit I'm going to book a charter to the Rowley Shoals next year. 

The Shoals lie 170 nautical miles due west of Broome. There are three atolls that make up this extremely unique fishing and diving location.

The charter will be with Reel Teaser charters and probably a duration of 5 fishing days (not inc travel time).

Cost will be about $4200 per person.

Details such as dates etc can be discussed if I can get enough interest.

Need 6 people willing to commit in order to make the booking and a deposit of about 20% is required to secure a booking.

Bookings are filling fast!

Fishing will be predominantly GT popping and deep water jigging with possibly a little billfish trolling depending on what you guys wanna do.

http://www.reelteasercharters.com

Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:37:07 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Rowley Shoals 2008
May 12, 2007, 09:31:16 PM
I've got the 'I Fish' video, and seen some promos of the Rowley Shoals, good popping and jigging as well as sailfish. Paul and Lee catching the two sails on a Seadoo [big jet ski] using a [Stella / T-Curve / Braid] jigging rig is a classic ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. I think Hal Harvey might have been on that trip.
 Sounds and looks good but Marion Reefs my big one next year.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 13, 2007, 01:12:23 AM
Remember seeing that Bun ,was that where it was ,so many trips to do so little time on this plannet.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Alan Broomhead

May 13, 2007, 03:17:03 PM
Jay, I've been referred to this site by Brandon Khoo, one of the guys that I fished with in Vanuatu earlier this year. I've been trying to get to Rowley for some years but Reel Teaser is either booked or they're not going when I want to. I could commit to a date in 2008, only mid Feb to end March would be out for me. I'm mainly interested in fishing for billfish and the big pelgagics but I would have no problem with using my flyrod and jigging.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 13, 2007, 10:53:42 PM
G'day Alan,

The times I'm currently looking at are July or September. Like you said Reel Teaser books out easily and it's hard to secure a spot which is why I need people to commit now so it can be booked ASAP.

If you're happy with either of those months I'll put you on the list as a definate.

Thanks
Jay

Alan Broomhead

May 18, 2007, 08:39:45 AM
Jay, sorry about the delay in replying, my email's been down until last night. September would suit better but July is OK. You can put me down as a definite.

Alan

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 18, 2007, 06:00:12 PM
G'day Alan,

Due to a lack of people willing to make the commitment I might be going with another crew. I'll keep you posted.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 22, 2007, 06:54:04 PM
Alan, I've decided to join another crew for the Rowleys due to a lack of people who could commit. Thanks for your interest anyway. Hope you get the chance to head over to the Rowleys next year.