Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Saltiga Z reels Ambidextrous???
March 10, 2009, 07:00:11 PM
Hi All,

I am currently posting some daiwa's for sale on the forum and have been asked by potential buyers if they are left or right handed. ??? ??? ???

When you look at the left and right hand handle threads they are not the same, asymmetrical. I know for sure on the dog fights there is this same asymmetry, though I have wound the handle on the right side and fished it without issue. Since the Expedition is the same body, same should be true.

Is there some deeper consequence here I am missing and are the reels not meant to be fished on either side without some mechanical modification or change?

Does anyone have any comment on this matter??

Thanks in Advance.
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Saltiga Z reels Ambidextrous???
March 10, 2009, 08:14:28 PM
Andy, I'm pretty sure my z4500's handle goes in both sides. there are 2 threads of different diamiter, one is left hand thread and the other right.
I'm not at home at the moment to check but I'm sure thats how it is. ???

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 10, 2009, 11:53:17 PM
Warwick,

I just tested them all, Z4500, Expedition and Dogfight, all interchangeable left and right as suspected.

Expedition and Z4500H still for sale for left or right handers ;).

Set the ray to GeeT

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2009, 09:02:39 AM
the threads for the handle are left n right hand thread, if they were both say, right hand thread, u could only wind in reverse if u r winding left handed..  ;)
AKA: Sunny