• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GT Products
April 09, 2009, 12:01:53 PM
What kind of products do you think the market is lacking or wanting more of?

What existing product is out there that you think could be better improved for GT applications?

Looking forward to your answers!

Mat Selwyn

Re: GT Products
April 09, 2009, 03:17:13 PM
More low-mid priced poppers. So the in-experienced can afford to loose a few.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
April 09, 2009, 03:23:09 PM
More low-mid priced poppers. So the in-experienced can afford to loose a few.

Is there a lack of choice or do you want more options in that bracket that are of better quality and design?

Thanks for your feedback.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2009, 03:26:20 PM
Matt, do you want to try one of the larger wooden ones I have ?

Its hard to think of what the market lacks - I've seen so many different bits of kit on sites , its hard to think of whats missing. I like skipping lures, so more of those on the market that are good quality and at a good price.

More rods but around the $500 price bracket that are light and powerful. Alot of the sweet rods are pushing $1k almost.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
April 09, 2009, 03:39:03 PM
Matt, do you want to try one of the larger wooden ones I have ?

Its hard to think of what the market lacks - I've seen so many different bits of kit on sites , its hard to think of whats missing. I like skipping lures, so more of those on the market that are good quality and at a good price.

More rods but around the $500 price bracket that are light and powerful. Alot of the sweet rods are pushing $1k almost.

Thanks Andrew,

I guess I want to know...do these products that are quality made - do they do it right and are they at the right price?

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2009, 03:46:34 PM
An example of some lures, are the shimano ocea poppers, well , topwater sliders. They cost $40 here and thats for ones that weigh about 50grams . Overseas, they have newer versions and come in heavier weights up to 125grams. They cost about $45 AU. Nice lures - expensive, and not available here.

adrien antunes

April 09, 2009, 08:14:00 PM
Owner ST76  size 7/0 or 8/0 ;D ;D and Hollow Avani GT

Colin P

April 09, 2009, 09:23:27 PM
Heru GT Mania in 150, 170 & 200gm sizes, agree with Adrien re bigger ST76s.

steve sims

April 09, 2009, 10:30:05 PM
I agree with Mat, the lures required to fish for GT's to the fullest potential are hideously priced, I think some more mid ranged priced poppers for the beginner and intermediate popper chucker would be great!! Also spending $1000 on a rod that I may only use once a year to catch GT's is getting a little bit beyond a necessity according to  the other half!!!

Mat Selwyn

April 10, 2009, 10:01:12 AM
I think more range and availability at local tackle stores for the cheaper lures, ordering off the net is fine for products you know but it's hard to find anything other than dumbells and the likes in stores.

I think some heavier models of the lures that are available, for better casting and to use the heavier lines.

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 10, 2009, 11:25:33 AM
I think more range and availability at local tackle stores for the cheaper lures, ordering off the net is fine for products you know but it's hard to find anything other than dumbells and the likes in stores.

I think the problem here is for shops to make any money from imported stuff like Heru/Blackjack/Nomad, Hammerhead, Fisherman, Carpenter etc they have to put rediculous prices on them.  In their respective currencies these lures aren't overly expensive.  I believe local tackleshops don't get much of a discount either due to the limited quantities involved.  When you take into account the exchange rate and that the tackleshop here still needs to make a profit it all adds up pretty quick and you end up paying over $60 for a stickbait.  When you can get the same lure online for 30% less, then it's little wonder the local shops don't stock a big range.  It's not the shops fault, just business.   

Cairns Bommie Basher

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 10, 2009, 01:36:14 PM
Line end terminals that are strong yet practical. A nice small yet super strong snap would make lure changes a breeze.
More variety around knotting tools. What is out there is limited and very expensive.
More instructional and hard core popping and jigging videos for those days when fishing is not possible.

Lex Forbes

April 15, 2009, 05:54:44 PM
Large uv 30+ light weigth shirts 3X & 4X and trousers for us bigger guys

Whe they say at the ticket counter "your over weight" I don't think they are only talking about the luggage!!

Lex

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 15, 2009, 06:28:44 PM
What kind of products do you think the market is lacking or wanting more of?

I want more Carpenter SPs  ;D

Ashley Cotter

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 15, 2009, 11:08:39 PM

Is this shimano R&D?
Ashley Cotter
Townsville