ryan nakas

Aloha and Mahalo
August 15, 2009, 01:43:35 PM
Howzit everyone, Im a new forum member from hawaii and ive been reading the forums for a while and finally became a member.just want to say mahalos to Brandon,Luke and everyone else for all the tips and info,It made it easier deciding what tackle,technique and leader setups to upgrade to and It helped me land a bunch of good sized Ulua(Tag n release) from shore. got reefed by couple 30+kg uluas recently though >:( thats part of the game :'(

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aloha and Mahalo
August 15, 2009, 02:19:04 PM
Hi there mate,welcome and enjoy,if you need any help with anything this site will help you in every possible way..

Be sure to upload pictures with reports anytime you like,looking forward to them..

Nath

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 15, 2009, 06:02:27 PM
Howzit everyone, Im a new forum member from hawaii and ive been reading the forums for a while and finally became a member.just want to say mahalos to Brandon,Luke and everyone else for all the tips and info,It made it easier deciding what tackle,technique and leader setups to upgrade to and It helped me land a bunch of good sized Ulua(Tag n release) from shore. got reefed by couple 30+kg uluas recently though >:( thats part of the game :'(

Welcome Ryan,

What island are you on?

I have popped the big Island, Oahu, Maui and Kauai. There are a a few Hawaiians on this forum, including Pat Victorino (Kauai), his reputation as a GT fisherman proceeds itself.

Luke

ryan nakas

August 15, 2009, 07:24:08 PM
Nathan, Ill post my reports when i catch.Ill try dig up some photos to post. Ulua's can be elusive here.especially shoreline popping but theres still some big Uluas out there.

Luke, I live on Oahu.Did youcatch any Ulua on your trips here? Shoreline or Boat? I know Pat V... Hes a passionate Gtfisherman, good guy, and is really helpful, Im trying to setup a trip to Kauai and throw some poppers with him weather permiting.

Mahalo, Ryan