Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Craftbait Stickbait
June 12, 2007, 07:51:06 PM
I've attached a photo of the new Craftbait stickbait in the two sizes they are available and also included a big (huge) Orion Bigfoot (190g size) in between for comparative purposes. The finish on these is stunning and in my opinion (for what it is worth  ;D ), as good as anything I have seen. I thik the finish is up there with Carpenter which is the benchmark.

I'll test them out at Bugatti but I have no doubt they will work.

If anyone is looking for these, please speak to Neil at Jones' Tackle.

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Re: New Craftbait Stickbait
June 24, 2007, 09:35:23 PM
Neil now has these available. Please contact Neil for more information and to take advantage of the member discount.

Neil Griffiths

July 04, 2007, 10:53:53 AM
Tested the action of the new Craftbait stickbaits yesterday and it was quite interesting. I took along Runboh and Heru as a comparison. CraftBaits swim with a wild jerkbait style as well as walk the dog better than the others. If you closely observe a Japanese jerkbait it will roll completely onto it's back during twitching and this also is the swim style of the Craftbait, rolling right over and flashing into the depths. They seem to add another technique to the stickbait armoury, one that will provide a violent twitching action using an exagerated barra style jerk while conserving energy. Barra guys call it slapping the slack, lift the rod to get some slack line and whip the rod down until the lure is twitched then lift and repeat. While this is happening line is picked up by rotating the rod around a stationary winding hand, fish are going to go mad over this. The others would do this but with a much deader action.
Large model floats with just the nose out when rigged with 7/0 GT Recorders and the small will just sink with 6/0 Gamas and float with 5/0 Gamas or 77 Owners.
Mega cool!!!
Better hang on at Bugatti!!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 09, 2007, 07:33:53 PM
They look really cool.

Neil, what is the resilience of the finish like?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 13, 2007, 10:54:48 PM
Luke - the finish on the Craftbaits is exemplary. Mine never last long enough for me to see what they look like after a number of fish but there were a few at Anglers Outfitters here which had caught a number of fish and the finish had held up. Mind you, the toughest wooden lure I've seen was this week being a new Adhek stickbait here in Singapore. The lure was full of puncture marks but boy, it sure had held up well. It's obviously very tough wood being used.
If it swims; I want to catch it!