Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 27 April 2010
April 29, 2010, 08:27:54 AM
Tim report: I went Gt fishing today with the French duo and Andy - 3 hard core Gt fisherman. We had a tough day of it with heaps of casting and got 4 into the boat for the day bit we did miss a few and saw a lot that were not overly excited and did not smash the lures. We got pack attacked at one stage by 15-20 Gts and got one out, that was an amazing sight. Mathieu hooked 2 Gts on his popper at the same time and the inevitable happened, he straightened both hooks and lost both fish! The highlight of the day was doing a drift down the reef's edge and casting into the shallows and having numerous Gts rush out and investigate but due to the tide being slack they were not fired up enough to hit the lures. However the scenery made up for it with the reef exposed and turquoise patches along the edge of the reef making the guys constantly comment on the beauty of it all. Not many landed but happy fisherman ending the day off with beers.

Nick Report :- Started off today working some blue holes with the first few casts raising a nice GT which didn't stick. Later on in the day moving around in the blue holes and numerous drains around cockatoo we battled to find more fish until around lunch when we hooked up but managed to get reefed. After lunch we headed out to some shoals for the turn of the tide, raising a few uncommitted fish which was very frustrating and later getting a pack attack and still couldn't boat one. All in all a hard and frustrating days fishing. Keep puzzling.

Alex Report- today started out a bit slow with the tide not doing much but then we started hitting some good spots it paid off very quickly our first cast in a blue hole had us hooked up and land a good 25kg fish. The rest of the morning was spent playing in some blue holes and shallows seeing another 6 fish but none managed to find the hooks properly, later in the day we managed to get another good jet black gt of about 20kg and miss a few more with one good fish busting us off and a pack of 5 fish somehow completely missing the hooks, the last half hour we were trying to catch a long tom or shark mackerel for berley off the back of the mothership when a gt started attacking the long tom which was a good sight. Just as the sun was going down we landed two more gts off the mothership one of about 30kg and one about 20, an action packed day but too many missed fish.

Bretts report-Nice morning with bacon eggs and hash browns,the boys headed off and with the promise of a coral trout dinner the day was lookin sweet. Packed with a smoked salmon roll with capers,dill and cream of the cheese,they ventured off in to the abyss leavin myself to ponder and prepare what was goin to be a delectible deelite. As the fish gods go the trout were hard to find leavin me to develop a meal from 1 trout but what resulted was miso and trout soup followed by duck laksa and topped off with custard slice. With everyone content the evening finished on drinks and many interesting yarns of the day and following ones, cheers   

Chris report. Today was another good morning. Started off working the blue holes and had a great time. Saw plenty of GTs managing to pull one out which was one of the boys' first GTs around the 25kg mark. Moved on through the blue holes seeing a few GTs here and there but unable to keep the hooks in them. The boys thought it was time for a change and moved on to a different type of fishing - 'bottom bashing'- throwing the anchor over in front of pressure points chasing red throat emperors, a couple of red emperors, coral trout, china man, cod, the works. It was a great afternoon messing around in the shallows. And managed to see a dozen GTs in the process which was great. Today was good hopefully tomorrows better....

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Great to hear Brett is still cookin' up a feast  :P

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Right on Chris, the Duck Laksa [not Booby Bird I hope  ;)] had my taste buds working overtime  :P

Some pics of Brett 'Pondering' and preparing.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Thanks guys! I'll let Brett know that you appreciated his feedback!!