Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 1 May 2010
May 04, 2010, 10:00:39 AM
Sorry team this one got lost in my junk mail for a few days...

Glanville:- Today was a pretty interesting day which started off very slow the whole morning we really struggled to find fish, I searched in every nook and cranny I knew on the reef and looked in many more and only managed to see about 3 fish, the tide changed and so too did my plan, I went and hunted a part of the reef further to the South where I had some action in the past and...
The game was on we weren't there for 10 mins and I had Konishi hooked into his first of many Gts for the day, the run out tide was still at the early stages and we noticed the fish coming up a little shy and not properly eating the lures but that changed as the day went on, we managed to boat 9 Gts, 3 of which were over 30kg and 1 quality specimen of 35-37kg, Bruce also managed to get 2 decent gold spots on the lighter gear and a big long tail tuna on the way home. We saw a lot of gts today and they were very angry, we probably had at least another 8 fish solidly hooked up but a couple of casualties all added to the excitement of the day, Bruce was shaking after he unfortunately got reefed by a beast of a gt which could have been considered at 40kg in all it turned out to be an awesome day fishing relatively calm water considering the 20-30knt gusts of wind.

Damon:- Had a great start to the day with a GT hooked up on the first cast and straightened a 7/0 shout Kudako - quite a large fish!! The rest of the morning was spent fishing blue holes up on top of the reef, and we managed another 2 GT hook-ups and landed one around 25kg. We saw quite a few more fish and they were not biting. Just before lunch, Koo hooked a very large GT and was busted off in the coral after a brief fight. After lunch David changed to a skipjack skipping popper with immediate success, only to be dragged into the reef by another BIG fish. We only saw 1 more GT for the day, but we had a great time catching shark mackerel, bludger trevally, goldspot trevally and longtails to finish the day. All told it was a reasonable day considering the persistent wind. We fished calm water all day and this kept Alex very happy

Chris report. Started off the day well. We are seeing plenty of GTs but not being able to stick the hooks. We busted off at least 8 GTs around bommies and shallow parts of the reef which is a little frustrating but hey.... that's fishing. We could have had 8 fish in an hour or so. Lost plenty of them because they just weren't fired up head butting and playing with the lures. We managed to at least pull 3 out. One to at least 30 plus. Worked blue holes and small bays. Played around on the light stuff catching nice coral trout, mackerel, bludgers you name it. It turned out to be a great day seeing plenty of other species and being able to boat some nice GTs

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Reef Guides Report 1 May 2010
May 04, 2010, 06:39:03 PM
Granny, from all the reports that you have been putting in lately there seem to be alot of shout Kudako & Jobu's straightening, is there any reason for this? Anyway very jealous that you are all out there while I am in Melbourne in the rain.

Best of luck to you all for the rest of your trip.

Chat soon mate

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Reef Guides Report 1 May 2010
May 06, 2010, 07:25:53 AM
Hi Brock Glanville and the boys have just got back into port this morning and he'll be back in the office next week. I'll try to remeber to ask him to post a reply to the Jobu/Kudako question, I think it might just be the sheer power of the GTs we were encoutering out there this time. Even when the numbers were quieter a few weeks back we were seeing/hooking up a greater proportion of big fish than usual