Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Guides Report 3 May 2010
May 06, 2010, 08:16:57 AM
Oops another one in my junk mail - apologies! This was the day that prompted them to move location on the 4th...

Nick Report :- There was very little tide today and a lot of wind which is exactly the opposite of what we have all been waiting for. From early on it was pretty tough getting in to the blue holes even at high tide with guys getting off to push into the holes. We managed to get a fish in a small shallow hole pretty early and then decided it was time to leave before we had to set up camp. We managed to get another fish on ledge in one of the channels. Then a change of plan and we decided to take back roads to the southern spot for the afternoon. As we arrived we managed to land three quick fish then things went really quiet even in the presence of masses of bait. That brought us through to the end of the day and fished a few blue holes on the way back to Odyssey but no one was home.   

Damon:- we headed north today and tried around Molar reef. The first few hours were fishless, other than for Bruce finding yet another way to lose a lure. After inventing never before heard of ways to lose lures yesterday with Glanny, he managed to hook a goldspot trevally and have it eaten, along with his popper, by a large pack of sharks. This is a rare event around here, but if anyone could do it, Bruce was the man. We missed 4 nice GTs over the next few hours, with the fish just swiping at the lures, and not really getting excited enough to eat. Mr Yagara from Shimano Japan pulled the hooks on an absolute beast of a GT in a shallow Blue hole. I think the truth is that he was on the way to getting reefed when the treble again pulled out. This GT was travelling at light speed across the bommies, and I think pulling the hook was the best result here. About half an hour later Jim managed to subdue a very nice 32kg GT on his skipjack popper. We saw fish here and there for the rest of the day, and hooked up solidly on another 6 fish, but had the hooks pull on all of them. 5 of the 6 pulled hooks were trebles. Mr Yagara landed 2 Gts around 20kg to finish the day. The wind dropped a little this arvo, and we are moving reef tomorrow to hopefully finish the trip with a bang for this group. The fish in this area seem to not be biting that well, and it must be due to the huge amount of whitebait. Whenevre we find an area of garfish on the surface, the GTs eat our lures properly, whenever there is white bait around, the just look.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

Glanville:- today started off very slow and the incoming tide wasn't very kind to us we managed to see one pack of fish and boated one which was a very good effort for Mr Konishi who extracted that fish from a bommie with a new prototype PE 5 outfit, Mr Konishi continued to fish with this outfit and really tested it to the max during the day and got a fish of 30kg including 6 others that were all over 20kg an outstanding effort for PE 5, but let me just tell you that rod was bent in angles that just didn't look natural and I was just waiting for it to blow up but it stood up to the punishment, it turned out to be a great day and a very entertaining one with Mr Mogi keeping us all entertained with some humorous comments that kept us all going, we ended up with 7 Gts when we called it a day only to be stopped by a feeding frenzy of longtail tuna, it would have just been rude to drive straight past the carnage as if we never saw them so we got some lighter rods out and finished off with 2 quality size longtail tuna to end off the day