Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Damon:- Words have not been invented that can adequately describe today's events. Things like surreal, spectacular, sublime, astonishing, ridiculous, amazing and simply beyond belief all come to mind, but none of these words can aptly describe how totally spectacular today was. This day will live in my mind forever because up to this point I can safely say this was the best day of fishing I have ever had in my life. The weather was flat calm, like oil, I had 3 guests onboard who I long ago referred to as friends rather than guests, and the fish were simply eating everything that hit the water.
To give a blow by blow account of today would require a book, and I can't even really describe any highlights because there were so many. We had every fish that lives on the reef eating lures, GTs getting fully airborne eating lures, big GTs continually hooked up and Spanish mackerel spending more time in the air than the water. Every spot we went to had bait galore and fusiliers and GTs everywhere.
I am sitting here writing this report watching the sun set, one of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen, just imagine the most perfect sunset, and this is what I am looking at right now, and flashing through my mind are the images from today, and they are being stored in a place where they will be long remembered.
We released 33 GTs today and hooked up solidly on 59, and I don't even know how many bites we had, just a silly number. We caught 10kg goldspot trevally, big Spanish mackerel and around 10 GTs between 30-35kg. Probably the best way to describe today is to set the scene we had at lunch. After catching plenty of fish in the morning, we simply stopped fishing where we were and ate lunch. While doing this we had packs of big GTs swimming around under the boat, just milling around looking at us. Nobody was even interested in catching them and disturbing their lunch because there were that many fish around that there seemed like no hurry. Kyle had a cast with a light rod just after lunch, hooked a long tom which was pack attacked by a bunch of GTs at the side of the boat, and we dropped a lure into the whitewater and of course hooked up.
I'm going to stop now because I can't really do this justice, but we set a new Nomad record for 33 GTs for the day, and between the 4 boats we caught 108 GTs today. Every single person who went out today said it was the best day they have ever had fishing and so it was for me as well.

Chris:- trying to start to write my report, I'M LOST FOR WORDS. Today was the most amazing day. Weather and fish. There was not one breath of wind and the fish were biting. It was the best day's fishing of my life. We boated 28 GTs for the day. We hooked up and had on for at least a minute 35 GTs. Every place I went to there were GTs and bait. We had double bending, triple bending, and quad bending. Each fish we brought in we had schools of GTs swimming around the boat. I just cant even write everything that happened today because I would be writing a story book. I hope tomorrow is just as good. I am concerned that nothing will ever beat today. It was mind blowing.

Glanny :- First of all very well done to Ryan he landed our first 50kg+ GT for charter this year it was an absolute beast, which was part of a double up, the other specimen Mark Berg landed would have been a solid 35kg fish...best thing is it was all caught on camera by Mark Berg's film crew, the show will go to air on Foxtel in January some time, let me warn you don't miss it, it is in my understanding the best GT fishing action ever caught on camera.
We started our day off very slow actually and only had 2 fish by 11:30...I travelled further to the West and then all hell broke loose, it was game time, every reef we stopped at there were gts coming up everywhere on every lure, there is no descriptive words in any dictionary of any language that can describe today's fishing, except that is was a day made in heaven....there was not a breath of wind and to top it off the GTs were eating their faces off we must have seen way over 60 fish, we got busted off 6 times, 3 of them were just unstoppable 40kg+ fish, it was just crazy we had a period for about an hour where we drifted in the middle of nowhere and every cast in any direction and bending was the name of the game we had 4 triple hook ups and how many doubles I don't know, my boat ended up with 33 Gts for the day and between them we had 8 fish that were over 30kg and the monster that Ryan landed of 50kg+... the fish were going so mad today that I was getting the guys to purposely cast their lures close to the boat so we could get some close up camera action of fish eating lures right at the boat, and did we ever, some of the most spectacular takes I have ever seen with Gts getting airbourn on the lures, GTs are just not supposed to be in the air. I'm sitting here trying to write this and anything I try and tell you in any number of words is just going to sound insignificant...all I know is that 2 massive Nomad records were broken, 33 Gts for a boat for the day which both myself and Damon matched and between the 4 boats we landed 108 GTs that's over 2,5 tonnes of Gts caught in just one day of casting surface lures on a glassy calm ocean which ended with the most amazing sunset, the whole ocean turned into this orange mirror and the sight of massive Gts exploding on lures in the glass calm was just unbelievable. Well I'm going to stop right there cause anything I say is simply not going to describe how today was, this experience I had today is no doubt a story I'm going to telling my grandchildren and a story I will take to my grave.

Nick: Well I think that the boys have explained exactly how good today was. Unbelievable weather, fish going nuts.....We managed to get a nice mixed bag today consisting of nice Red Bass, Bid Gold spots of 10kg and Gts. We had a slow start today and only started finding our fish around 11:30 or so. As time rolled on we had action all day with a steady pace. We found a ledge that just kept on giving and giving with non stop bait and fish all the way. We managed to boat 13 GTs today which was awesome and didn't even have time to have lunch. Hope there are more days like today to come.     

Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:01:08 AM by Nomad Sportfishing

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I cant stands no more... :o :o

Less than a month to go now.....Its bad when you are wishing away time

Pete

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Peter, I forgot that the crew moved south a few days ago so the last few trip reports have been at Elusive, which is where you will be in a couple of weeks

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
WOW!  :o

Can't wait to see some of that footage :)