Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef 6 July 2010
July 07, 2010, 09:07:56 AM
Glanville:-Today was a superb day to say the least and as expected our plan came together the weather died enough for us to get out and fish some isolated reefs, we started off slow on the change of the tide and managed to catch a mackerel and 1 GT that Sunny subdued, we fished around a couple of reefs and tamed 6 good Gts between all the laughing and talking nonsense as fisherman have a natural talent for. We had a good break for lunch and after that fully charged we went on the attack, the new reef we stopped at was really good and we had a double hook up straight away...Luke and David brought yet another 2 quality fish to the boat for a pic, the rest of the afternoon continued with consistent action and before we knew it, it was time to return to the boat for a cold beer, but wait not until we had one last cast close to the anchorage, I wasn't quite sure where we were, "have a cast straight into the sun here guys I think we're near the spot", it was seconds after and we had explosions on all lures, triple bending!!! We got those fish out for a photo with all the boys holding a quality specimen one last cast resulted in another double bending before we returned back to the mother ship with a very excited bunch of anglers, we finished off the day with 18 Gts, 5 spanish mackerel, a couple of bludgers and a couple of quality size Mac tuna on the light gear, a very enjoyable day indeed with the calm conditions and good fish to go along with that, can't complain.

Nick:- Today I had Chris aka Crusty from Full Scale lures along with Ken and Ky. We started off with a bang and had two fish in the boat by 8:30 and had lost another two. Moving along to the next reef Ken managed to land another monster Spanish of around 25 kilos which was an awesome fish. Today time just seemed to float past with such a speed and soon it was already 3pm we had seen fish pretty much all day some just showing more signs of curiosity than being hungry but it is still good to see them and keeps you casting. After lunch we decided to head over the shallows and chase some bludgers, goldspots and mackerel where boatloads could have been caught if needed. After the boys had their dose it was time for the big stuff again. Working reef edges proved to be the go today bringing up packs of fish from random bommies and cuts but very little visible bait on the surface due to a slowing current. What a pleasant day today - boated 6 GTs, a truck of a Spanish and as I said before truck loads of bludgers and goldspots.

Damon:- An awesome day  - we had John, Cia and Rob onboard today, and things started well with Rob landing 2 GTs from 2 bites. The weather was perfect and the sun was shining. Cia was next on with his stickbait and landed a solid 28kg GT on the turn of the tide. We had consistent action for the turn of the tide, which is always a bonus, and then went into the blue holes to hunt some big fish. The blue holes produced the goods with some monster fish hooked up, all in the space of 30 minutes. Cia had a 45kg GT hooked up in 5m of crystal clear water and the fish literally charged the boat and threw the hooks. 2 minutes later Rob had another monster charge his popper and miss, and then within 5 minutes of this, John hooked a giant fish that he stopped from busting him on a bommie, and then pulled the hooks on him. The fish was at least 50kg, and maybe much bigger. To see these fish in the shallow crystal clear water is beyond description, it was simply stunning. The biggest fish we saw in the blue holes was at least 60kg, and just followed a popper back to the boat, but did not bite. All up it was an awesome day on the water and one of the best days I have had for a while. We landed 11 GTs for the day, but had constant action all day, with the guys missing a heap of fish, but just seeing all the bites was spectacular.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Elusive Reef 6 July 2010
July 07, 2010, 11:16:16 AM
Love GLanville's work....."I don't really know where we are, just cast west"......bang, triple hook up

Insane stuff

Wes Blanch

July 07, 2010, 07:41:23 PM
Hey Damon good to see that it's not just me that John drop's big fish with!
Let him know he can borrow my hook file for the next trip!!!!! ;D ;D

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 08, 2010, 09:04:23 AM
Thanks guys! Keep the comments coming, I'm sending them to the boat

C.