lonhro

Good Deal or Not
August 04, 2007, 07:01:36 PM
Hi Guys,

how is this for a deal ??? it looks the goods but i am abit worried. what do you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Shimano-Stella-SW-10000HG-BUY-IT-NOW-free-shipping_W0QQitemZ150148106956QQihZ005QQcategoryZ384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

cheers Randy

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Good Deal or Not
August 04, 2007, 07:49:47 PM
you're a braver man than I am, Randy. The seller already has negative feedback for non-performance
When a deal is too good to be true.........
If it swims; I want to catch it!

lonhro

August 04, 2007, 11:07:54 PM
Thats the thing Brandon, not brave. Other wise it would be Sold !!! do want one of those though.  HMMM have to settle for waiting to get a ROD than DF.

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
August 05, 2007, 07:26:50 AM
That looks way sus in the pictures the only real picture has the spool looking red.Deals like this are to good to be real.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 05, 2007, 09:30:26 AM
I'm sure you will remember the post Hal Harvey put up a little whle ago about some of the frauds on eBay. This very much smacks of one. As I have written in the past, you need to weigh up the cheaper cost of acquiring gear from eBay with the risk and also the lack of warranty. There are a number of highly reliable sellers on eBay but don't forget that there will be difficulty with some warranty claims.

If you buy it locally, you do get that comfort.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

jerry dollar

August 06, 2007, 10:23:29 AM
if you check the guy's feedback, he sold the same reel 10 days earlier and never sent it. you also have to wonder why he is listing it on ebay australia when he lives in the US.