Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 10 July 2010
July 12, 2010, 03:53:57 PM
Alex- We saw everything today. The weather was a bit on the nasty side but we managed a nice gt of about 38kg in the first half hour in a nice looking blue hole. After another hour of casting with just a few other half hearted smacks my guys wanted to do a bit of trolling. The next half hour was some of the best trolling action I have seen in the area big coral trout and we found a nice little patch of doggies. We landed one of about 6kg and that was unreal then the very next pass we caught another of about 10kg a very nice surprise to see them in some numbers here. Just before lunch we missed a bus of a gt that was an easy 50kg+ that had a huge smack at the lure but just missed. The afternoon session was more missed gts with none from about 6 hits and then some more trolling catching a few jobfish and the usual suspects of multiple sharkies. We also had a nice session in the afternoon on the light stuff catching some big sharkies and macktuna in the shallows. Nice variety today but gts need their eyes tested.

Chris:- well today was quite an eventful day. I started off working blue holes and edges. Saw a few GTs in the morning but couldn't stick the hooks in any. Landed a nice Spanish mackerel of around 12-15kg on a dogtooth 125 rigged with two SJ41 9/0s on the belly and a 9/0 Jobu on the tail. The afternoon turned into quite a good day. Seeing around 6 GTs and landed 4. One of which was around the 32kg mark. Hopefully tomorrow brings some great weather with some good fishing...