Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 13 July 2010
July 16, 2010, 01:29:08 PM
Hi all this is the last report from the June/July block of trips we are back out at Elusive on 25 July. Watch out, Alex is getting all philosophical on us! C.

Tim:- What an awesome way to end a week of fishing! I went with Lauren, her Mum, Donna and her Father, Peter for the day and we had a ripper session fishing the offshore shoals with the light gear and doing a bit of bottom bouncing. The Red Throat were coming over the side in droves as well as a few other bottom dwellers that decided they had to commit suicide on the hooks. The highlight would have to be the 10kg Chinaman that gave the gear a workout and we thought we were going to lose him in the reef a few times but in the end we won the day. Lunch was eaten in a flat calm lagoon with just about every shade of turquoise you can imagine reflecting off the sand and reef. To top it all off we had a champagne amidst many a laugh before heading back to Odyssey. Many laughs, good fishing and fantastic company - it was an amazingly good day.

Alex- I was looking forward to today, a full day's gt fishing with unreal conditions, the wind was not there today completely glassed off. After pulling up to the first spot and bait everywhere I thought it was going to fire but I think after a while of blowing wind the complete glass conditions gave the fish lockjaw as crazy balls of bait didn't hold any fish. We kept on casting and casting with the odd crazy action on bludgers and gold spots to keep the guys keen. When the run out tide started pushing in I went to my go to blue holes. And still nothing this was not right these holes were my go to holes, danger ridge had one slowly have a look but no snap, either the planets were aligned wrong or I think maybe a loop in the space time continuum was to blame. Im not sure, is anyone? why are we here? where is here? We finally found a few packs of fish and to rub salt into the wound the first one to come tight busted us off almost straight away. We ended up getting a few more fish which was a credit to the guys I had on board who casted all day with great enthusiasm. We ended the day with 2 fish but they were both good size at 32 and one pushing the 40kg mark. Is the size what is important here? are we sure we want to judge? who are we to judge? What is our reason behind it? this has been alex holmes speaking with you on the personal and astral scale, it's been emotional!

Chris:- today was a good day to finish off the week. The plan was to power down to the new anchorage and fish a few ledges. Saw plenty of bait. Probably the most I have seen in awhile. We picked up a GT here and there which made for a pretty full on day. We boated 7 GTs for the day a couple to 30kg which was good. We probably saw 15 fish for the day. Was a great way to finish off a week.

Nick:- Not much fishing was done today as I went in search of a few bottom fish and we got some nice Red Throat and Trout but the guys wanted to head back to Odyssey early for the rest of the day so the pin was pulled early and no more fishing was done for the day.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bugatti Reef 13 July 2010
July 16, 2010, 02:10:16 PM
I can't think of anything worse than finding schools and schools of bait herded up and no predators keen to eat those poppers

Oh wait, yes I can, I am typing this from my desk in Sydney...  :'(

Sounds like great weather conditions to round out the week, another happy group of anglers i am sure, well done crew