• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Popper & Terminal Tackle Storage
August 16, 2007, 09:49:44 AM
Tell us about how you store your poppers and temrinal tackle....

Looking forward to responses...

Ivan Verhage

Re: Popper & Terminal Tackle Storage
August 16, 2007, 10:16:33 AM
I use a plano store away 5-22 to store my terminal tackle.
A gillies leader wallet to store my leaders and leader making acsesories like crimps etc.
I have not found a good popper storage solution yet.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
August 16, 2007, 11:18:14 AM
All my large poppers and stickbaits go into a long CD type storage box with a lid(20cm high and long) Trebles are secured with either elastics or sandwich wire to each other so I dont jag myself.

Leaders are in one of those bags with plastic sleeves , or in one of those material lure  pockets in labelled sealable sandwich bags with the ratings on them.

MikeOsborn

August 16, 2007, 02:26:17 PM
I have a soft chilly bag about 12" high with approx 12-14 lengths of 2"pvc pipe inside.
I store all my bibbed lures and poppers in, I dont get any tangles as you can slide the lure,hooks and even the leader inside the tube.

Its pretty horangi but it does the job for me.

Kiwi Translation ;D

Chilly bag = esky
Horangi = something pretty rough but it works

Ken Best

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 17, 2007, 01:43:18 PM
I use a Field & Stream brand tackle bag.
It holds ten 3700 or five 2-3730 (large) size Plano lure boxes on their end as shown in the piccy, (barra lures in there at the moment).
The 2-3730 boxes (at the front) are a good size for larger lures like poppers and stickbaits.
If I can cull some lures,(very hard), and only take 3 large boxes it has plenty of room for couple of changes of clothes and spare spools/reel inside.
It also has enough pockets around the outside for leader material, braid, pliers, spare hooks and rings etc that we all carry.
A soft plastic wallet for pre-made leaders is my choice also. No tangles and easy to see.

Ken
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to, without beer" (Henry Lawson)

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 19, 2007, 02:31:38 PM
Looks like a good way to store your gear Ken. I'd be interested to hear peoples views on this method as posted by ken above versus using bags like the hammerhead popper bag as per the other thread?

Paul Micheli

August 19, 2007, 05:17:32 PM
I find it best to store all of my large bloopers and stick's in a big Plano waterproof stowaway, without any hardware on them. You can get a heap more in the box and Its quicker for me to put on the trebles when I need to change, rather than untangling a mess of trebles. You just need good ring pliers-which you should have
The trebles are rigged with splits in a separate box with additional rings, swivels and other hardware.

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
August 19, 2007, 09:46:35 PM
Nice cheap easy way is to buy those big 5litre Klip it food containers, (cheap)
plaster them with stickers, fill em with unrigged poppers (bout 15 per box),

Have all splits swivles etc in one box
Trebles in some other handy convenient container,
And away you go.

Hate tackle bags. Most of the time all I ever carry is that one box and a small nylon bag of jigs and a couple of rolls of FC. Have seen a few bait fishos lug wot seems like 10kg of sinkers, hooks, premade rigs, bla bla bla and do the balancing act for the walk down the plank to the boat, to load up, then later go green rummaging for the right rig, untangling the mess, then baiting it up with stinky squid. In that time I could already have dropped, gotten in the zone, hooked up, and already brought up a fish,   ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:50:05 PM by Kasey Leong
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop