Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 28 August 2010
August 30, 2010, 09:36:32 AM
Tim - I had 3 guys on board to day and they were all keen on just Gts for the day. We fished around the anchorage for half an hour and on the second cast got a monster barracuda on the popper. We had to keep going as we had a 25 mile run to the next anchorage. The day was slow but steady and we raised only one pack for the day and the rest of the fish were singles but we still had a good session and saw a fair bit if bait.

Chris:- Well waking up this morning to overcast skies took a little getting used to. Today we moved anchorage so the first hour consisted of travel. The plan was to work the edges of the reef where current was pushing up on. About the third or fourth cast in we had a pack up. Hooked up tight to a nice fish but pulled the hooks, straight back in another nice fish but again pulled the hooks thankfully enough on the next cast a nice 15kg GT to start the day off. The bait had been balled up into the bays of the reef so I was working that for the most part of the morning. Moved a little down the reef and a huge pack came up under 'Scott's lure' but they were just playing around not quite fired up. There had to be at least 10 or more GTs under this lure it would have to have been the biggest pack of GTs I have seen in awhile. But we managed to pull two nice ones out which was good. For the late morning and early afternoon it was quite a little slow. Seeing and pulling the odd one here and there but nothing special. Plenty of fusiliers and garfish balled up along the reef but either the fish just aren't there or they're not biting. We managed to pull six nice GTs out for the day. We managed to fit a little bit of light tackle in which we did quite well at. Pulling bludger and goldspot travalley, trout, barracuda, shark mackerel, red throat, red bass, longtail tuna and long toms to name a few which made the day just that more enjoyable...

Alex:- The weather was a little bit yuk today but that did not dampen our spirits. The first hour was travel but then we had some good action. We had a few packs come up but only one runt of a GT boated which was a bit disappointing. Then as the action started the tide turned and the fish hightailed it out of there. The next assault was on the light tackle and we had a great session inn the shallows for about a hour of almost constant action with the usual suspects of redthroat stripeys and ol tomas. We had a few good surprises one was a 5kg chinaman that we managed to land in about a metre and a half of water and then we hit a patch of tuskfish we caught about 8 in a row and even two on the one stick shadd. We finished the day with another flurry of action but again only managing to pull one gt out of about 6-8 good hits. At the end of the day I thought I saw the biggest gt in the world crash through a fusie school but it turned out to be flipper trying to pull a swifty so then he tail walked out of there as we hit the road for the mothership.