Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Enjoy this video.
all giants are in 600 lb - 1000 lb range.

Top Lure Action: Giant Explosion in PEI 9/27/10

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
That's incredible.  Don't think I'd want a hook on the lure either!!
Cairns Bommie Basher

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
That's just utterly ridiculous.  :o

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Kil ,

Are you taking the VIP from Japan to this place ?

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Hi Jon,

Bluefin popping in Cape Cod is not great yet and weather has been terrible.
It takes about 10 hours from Boston to Prince Edward Island and the trip to P.E.I. is another option for them if tuna don't cooperate or weather is bad in Cape Cod.
But it is time giant start to migrate from P.E.I. in mid Oct.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Hi Jon,

Bluefin popping in Cape Cod is not great yet and weather has been terrible.
It takes about 10 hours from Boston to Prince Edward Island and the trip to P.E.I. is another option for them if tuna don't cooperate or weather is bad in Cape Cod.
But it is time giant start to migrate from P.E.I. in mid Oct.

Hi Kil ,

Good luck to you and the VIPs from Japan , I will be fishing sailfish in Kuala Rompin - Malaysia when you are targetting BFTs , look forward to hear favourable report in due course .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Jon,
Even if we go up to P.E.I., catching giant in 600 lb - 1000 lbs with the takcles they bring is another story. :)  I am still in learning curve. We did not use any hook on poppers or jigs for giant yet.
After catching 800 lbs and 900 lbs giant on standup, I got some confidence.
Finally my friend Greg got 773 lb giant with light 450g custom Black Hole rod which weighs only 13 oz even with alluminum reel seat and gimbal a few days ago.
Next step is to catch them on jigs or poppers and I have pretty good idea what to do now. The main issue is the line capacity.

Greg fighting 773 lb with light 450g  jigging rod on standup.

773lb Giant (Fork Length: 107in) with 13oz Black Hole Custom 450g Jigging Rod in PEI 10/3/10

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
God that makes GT fishing look lame
Cairns Bommie Basher

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Kil I sent you a PM on 360 tuna, not sure if you've seen it yet.
Cheers, Mark.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Kil ,

Big fish , I am sure he will bring the tackles required to handle such fish , e.g. : BB54 ( sg ) which was used in NZ for Southern BFT but I know he has been talking about casting rod to subdue such a beast and will bring prototypes to test .

One thing intrigue me is that the way the fish were released , in NZ video the fish never left the water . Bringing the fish onboard as seen in the video , wouldn't it hurt the fish ?

Good luck , they should be on the way to USA now .

Best regards : Jon .

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Insane is the right word. Jeez that would be such a rush.

Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Kil ,

Are you taking the VIP from Japan to this place ?

Jon .

Hi Jon,
Mogi-san already planned his trip to PEI since June 2010, the Japanese group will fish PEI in 2011.
Congratulation to Greg :)
Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:39:17 PM by Sami Ghandour

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Kil ,

Big fish , I am sure he will bring the tackles required to handle such fish , e.g. : BB54 ( sg ) which was used in NZ for Southern BFT but I know he has been talking about casting rod to subdue such a beast and will bring prototypes to test .

One thing intrigue me is that the way the fish were released , in NZ video the fish never left the water . Bringing the fish onboard as seen in the video , wouldn't it hurt the fish ?

Jon,

Yes, they are on the way. He called me just before he left.
I made three trips to P.E.I in two weeks driving 16 hours.
I found you have to be there in right time in right place even in P.E.I. as giants are moving around and they don't bite everyday.
If they are around, you don't need poping rods to cast poppers and short, strong jigging rods could be better choice to cast popper and fight.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Kil ,

Jon,

Yes, they are on the way. He called me just before he left.
I made three trips to P.E.I in two weeks driving 16 hours.
I found you have to be there in right time in right place even in P.E.I. as giants are moving around and they don't bite everyday.
If they are around, you don't need poping rods to cast poppers and short, strong jigging rods could be better choice to cast popper and fight.

Hi Kil ,

Good luck and don't forget to send me photos , thanks .

Jon .

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Kil, I see you are into the 'Acid Wrap' overheads, do you find them much better than a standard setup?
Greg 'FFF' Burt