Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jewell Reef 21 Oct 2010
October 22, 2010, 10:54:57 AM
Nick:- On the way out this morning i wasn’t really sure what to expect as we left the sanctuary of Lizard Island. To my suprise it was alright considering what we had endured the last couple of days. On arrival our second cast we had a pack of GTs come up and we bending straight away. The rest of the day was pretty much the same with non stop action happening all day fish after fish and today we managed to land a few nice fish of 30, 32, 35 and 38. It was really good to see some bigger fish coming out here. Working the reef edge proved to be the go for the day with an easy downwind drift we managed to pull 31 GTs from their hiding places along with a few red bass and trout. Another day spoilt with awesome fishing.

Saltaire:  Conditions today looked awesome for the elusive black marlin that we are yet to catch. The water clarity was unreal the water looked purple as we were trolling the 300m drop off. We trolled around a different reef today, in the marlin competition this was where they were seeing and catching marlin. We had awesome baits out and i was on the edge of my seat in suspense the whole time. It was at about 4 o’clock when we heard on the radio that a boat caught a 1100 pounder at the reef we'd previously been at and raised another 600 pounder. We had been fishing that reef for the last 3 days because it looked good but decided to follow the crowd today which proved to be a costly mistake a good lesson learnt to go with your gut instinct because the day you don’t is the day you wish you had!!!

Glanville:- All i can say is that this place is infested with Gts at the moment...we got out to the reef at 9am and by 12:25 already had 36 fish before i called it lunch break time, the weather was beautiful today and the 20knots of wind seemed like a breeze in comparison to the previous day. After a lengthy lunch break along with a bit of a snorkel in the crystal clean water where we were anchored in the lagoon it was time to head out for more torture we had a couple of casts and  the water looked that clean I just couldn’t resist and got some baits rigged up and headed up to the first corner of the reef to try and tame another Marlin in the centre console, minutes later and we had our baits set out in the riggers and we were waiting for the game to begin, it looked that good that i got the shivers with excitement, a couple of hours later we were outside of thereef with no success before both our baits got clipped off by toothy criters...enough time for one more drift for Gts before home time and in 20 minutes caught another 10 to take our tally to 46 for the day....just unbelievable to see and if the number of spawning fish up here is any judgment to go by for our season next year at Bugatti....i cant wait!!!!
Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:06:09 AM by Nomad Sportfishing