Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Carbontex Drag Washers.
September 04, 2007, 06:33:08 PM
Gday,
       I'm planning on ordering the drag upgrade for an Ocea Jigger 4000p. Has anyone done the installation themselves and was it a simple task?
    I've heared the drag is vastly improved, well smoother and somewhat more powerfull, with the upgrade. Has that been peoples experience.
    Thanks, Darren. ???
Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:14:08 PM by Darren Cook

Chris Wong

Re: Carbontex Drag Washers.
September 08, 2007, 09:50:06 AM
Giday Daz!  Replace those drags when they need it - later.  There are plenty of reel servicing tutorials around for Shimano reels and it is not complicated.  The 4000P requires a special sized washers which are not available, or you can cut down washers for the TN40/50.  The Cals Drag plate and drag grease is also mandatory for best drag performance. Drag pressure can be increased to around 20kg.  We have an order in for custom carbontex washers to fit the 4000P and we also have the other bits too.  Let me know if you need anything because I need to post you that DVD soon.

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
September 08, 2007, 06:14:44 PM
Hi Chris, yep sound advice, I'll wait.  33lb's of drag does seem very effective on an o/head, seems to pull-up the medium kings exceptionally well. Enjoying the transition from my spinning rig and cant wait to test it on a sea-monster. :o

Awesome on the dvd!!!!! Cant wait.
Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:16:26 PM by Darren Cook

Ken Best

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
September 08, 2007, 07:34:04 PM
Darren,

I replaced the original washers on a Shimano TN20 with carbontex washers and a Cals plate. Very smooth powerful drag with Cals drag grease. Not familiar with your reel but shouldn't be too much different. Easy to do, so long as you lay the pieces out as you take them off. Can't go wrong and gets you familiar with the internals of your reel.

Ken
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to, without beer" (Henry Lawson)