Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cook Islands
September 09, 2007, 02:16:00 PM
howdy,

Our honeymoon might end up being on the Cook Islands around end Nov . What its like to fish around there ? I spied one place that had cabins on the water with its own casting platform, I mean , outdoor decking for relaxation, and another place had a great looking deep channel close to shore. 

Andrew
Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:57:22 PM by Andrew Poulos

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Cook Islands
September 09, 2007, 03:51:21 PM
You are a very brave man Andrew
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 09, 2007, 07:42:38 PM
Im guessing Cam you mean brave as its out honeymoon and Im taking fishing gear and trying to pick tropical locations with accommodation that just happens to be close to water....its all a co-incidence  I tell you  ;D

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 09, 2007, 07:45:48 PM
Yes of course a co-incidence ,way to go.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 09, 2007, 07:57:47 PM
Well planed!, 'Whops' :o, I mean well done, congradulations :D.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 09, 2007, 10:46:49 PM
Found some fishing reports in my NZ fishing mag collection and it seems they get some very nice fish from that area, tunas , wahoos, trevors and the like. But looking at more aerial pics, land based could be hard depending on where we stay if we go there . I doubt that they have boat rentals more like kayaks and I aint yakking it to the reef edge so might have to dig around for some charters. Not too keen on going overboard from a yak when hooked up to something.Fingers crossed .

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 10, 2007, 04:27:21 PM
I know folks who have fished there and the offshore action seems much better than that of the GT and Dogtooth variety. I gather wahoo and yellowfin action is pretty good but there does not seem to be much by the way of oversized GTs.
But I suppose you cannot have such an island system without some serious GTs being present.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 11, 2007, 08:59:49 PM
But I suppose you cannot have such an island system without some serious GTs being present.

I don't know about that - after Luke's experience in Kiribati, he might dispute that!!  ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
September 11, 2007, 10:20:07 PM

I don't know about that - after Luke's experience in Kiribati, he might dispute that!!  ;D

I think you must have something to do with that luck Brandon - as i read this post, your post count is 666!!!!!!

Yes, i was very disappointed and very much convinced that there was no or very very low numbers of GTs at Abaiang atoll. Fortunately other parts of Kiribati have them coming out of the proverbial...