Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Diamond Islets 11 Dec 2010
December 13, 2010, 08:53:26 AM
Alex- Today was regrettably my last day at diamond. It is a really special place and I'm a bit sad to leave before the charter is over. Today my guys were very relaxed and only wanted to go fishing at 2pm. So Warnie and I went for a bit of a scout ourselves. Shane caught his first dogtooth and quickly followed it with a second which was good to see. When my guys finally came fishing, first down double hook-up, boated both fish one of 10, one of 25. Next drop we got another 25kg fish which was a bit of a laugh, I saw  sharks trying to eat the fish so glove-less, I reefed the line only to have the fish spit the hook boat side, but that was not going to stop us getting this thing I quickly reached over and grabbed the fishes tail before it could escape. We all had a good laugh and the Singaporeans think we are a bit mad but we got the fish and sent it home happy and well. After an hour and a half fishing we hooked 10-12 doggies and pulled some hooks got sharked a bit then my guys were broken. This evening we had a very nice bbq on the beach and I managed to tame a frigate bird, a first for me. This year at Diamond was one of the best trips I have had with Nomad, I really love it here. Some stand out lures have been the duel tamentai jig in 100g for reefies and again in 200g for doggies, and the ultimate doggie slayer from my perspective has been the skill jig in both 180 and 240 you can't fault them. Goodbye Diamond for this year and I'm already pumped for next year, this place is awesome.